Those of you saying 4S is a minor upgrade...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by orange42, Oct 5, 2011.

1. orange42 macrumors 6502a

...are funny. Everything on the inside has changed. I'm in the boat that was hoping for a design change or slight screen improvement, but that's just external and for looks. This is a very nice improvement. The 16 months, I assume, was just to change their update cycle.

2. sangreal macrumors newbie

sangreal

:p

i'm saying here what everyone's thinking, "fanboy".

3. born4sky macrumors 6502a

born4sky

they could come up with a new design and I beat they did... but why they would release it, when iPhone 4 is huge seller? bump the speeds ...

4. iSari macrumors member

iSari

Is it me or is the new iPod touch slimmer and curved ?! but the iPhone is not!!

When they redesigned that inside they could've at least redesigned the edges and make it curvier, with a solid back cover. :)

5. b166er macrumors 68020

b166er

The iPod touch has a lot less "guts" than the iPhone so they can afford to slim it down a little more.

6. apmorency macrumors regular

In practical terms of what you get out it, it's a minor upgrade from the 4.

Yeah a faster processor, a more efficient antenna and and speech recognizing interface. Those are the tangible benefits. Not worth 2 or 300 and a 2 year contract if you already have an i4. My opinion.

7. kre62 macrumors 68000

Maybe in terms of today, but what about tomorrow?

When the 3GS was released, the 3G ran iOS 3 just fine. But when the next version, iOS4 came out, the 3G was obliterated. Now the 3GS is even rocking iOS5. Since Apple is keeping it alive, it may even get 6! Now thats longevity.

Forward thinking when buying these phones is important. The 4 will die off at the same time as the 3GS as they have similar capabilities. But the 4S will last and last.

8. apmorency macrumors regular

They want you to buy another phone tomorrow (next cycle).

The 4s will last and last until the 5 comes out.