Those of you that went to stores (for 4S), any sell outs yet?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jplusc, Oct 14, 2011.

1. jplusc macrumors 6502a

Just curious if any stores have run out yet? If we don't see stores running out I may try to grab one tomorrow.

2. wahoo10 macrumors 6502

Was out to lunch with some coworkers. One decided a few days ago to use another upgrade on his family plan to get an iPhone (BB outage really pushed the decision over the edge too haha). We walked by a Verizon store, popped in, and they had a bunch. It was just a typical suburban retail shopping center store. He had a couple of every flavor, store was dead empty.

(Coworker loves the thing, is just baffled to the point he feels lost :p)

3. zodiakp macrumors newbie

any one got their phone from Store today? would like to know if I can pick it up tomorrow.

4. jallenclark macrumors regular

Chicago downtown areas stores are all sold out of 16GB black ones.

5. drew0020 macrumors 65816

drew0020

Less than 10 people in line at the Apple store in Charlotte Northlake Mall during lunch hour. Walked by there to get my Starbucks at lunch. This is a new Apple store in the area, but I was expecting it to be much worse.

Last year at Southpark I waited in line with a friend for her phone which was a reservation and the line was 150 deep and a wait of 2-3 hours.

6. laser310 macrumors member

went to ATT store (fairfield county, CT) at 2:00pm.

about 5 people ahead of me - not all were buying iphones.

while waiting, i overheard that they were sold out of 16GB models, but had everything else.

i bought a black 64GB.

nice girl waived the $18 fee when i asked about it.

phone activated right away.

i got the applecare, only because i just went swimming with my 3G in august.

whole thing took about 30 minutes. some of the sales people were slow because they were trying to sell every possible ATT product (home internet, TV, phone case, screen protector, etc.) to each customer.

my sales person was nice, and didn't try to sell me other stuff.

7. Cartaphilus macrumors 6502a

The Apple Store at Perimeter Mall in Atlanta, GA had what appeared to be a huge stock of iPhone 4S as of 2 p.m. on launch day when the line was three people long when I arrived and zero when I left. An employee outside the store had a giant stack of cards, each with the identification of a model (color, carrier, capacity, the no-contract price, and the serial number printed on it. He handed each customer in line a card corresponding to his choice. I would say had several thousand cards. He told me that other than the 16G white AT&T model, which was sold out by 10 a.m., they had plenty of everything.

The activation server was sluggish, but otherwise everything seemed to be moving very smoothly for everyone.

8. everlong44 macrumors newbie

I live outside of Philadelphia and wanted to go buy one from either an Apple store or Verizon store nearby right after work. Does anyone live in the area and know what the availability is around here? I'm headed to the Verizon store first... I want a 64gb white, so I'm hoping they have some in stock.

9. JP30 macrumors newbie

I'm due for an upgrade tomorrow, looks like I may actually have a shot! Thought there was no chance anything would be left

There's no way they would upgrade me a day early right? (everywhere I've asked this past week said no)

10. paulrbeers macrumors 68040

Went to one of the Des Moines Area Verizon Stores around 11:30 because my wife dropped and broke her Droid X2 today (coincidence? I think not!). They still had them. I got her a White 16GB 4S one and they were still selling them to people who came in after me.

11. iTundra macrumors member

iTundra

Carrier? no-contract price? These shouldn't be device dependent, only capacity & color.

??

12. everlong44 macrumors newbie

Last year, with Verizion, I got an early upgrade about 4 months early. Verizon stores weren't any help. I had to call Verizon and ask customer service for it. At first the rep refused to, and then I just kept asking and telling her how long I've been a customer (over 10 years). Then I asked for her supervisor and she put me on hold for about 3 minutes and came back saying I could do it. A little bit of work, but I got it! One day should be easy!

13. JP30 macrumors newbie

Already did that, they told me for any other phone they could do it but not the iPhone because of "Apple's policy" (I have been a customer for 5+ years). Go to Apple and they say it's Verizons call, just goes back and forth. Tried many different angles but no one seems to budge. Sorry to get this off topic.......but seems like most stores still have some in stock so may try again later on tonight, if not hopefully tomorrow

14. BrianMR macrumors regular

BrianMR

15. jmpmntwnty3 macrumors 6502

No line for me this morning (at around 11 AM) at the Greenville, SC Apple store!

And it looks like they had plenty in stock too. Just about everyone inside the store was getting a new iPhone 4S activated, but there were no lines outside.

I literally walked right in, and was out with my new phone within 15-20 minutes. I expected to have to wait in line for at least 30 minutes to an hour (maybe more).

But nope!!! Easiest iPhone purchase ever :D

16. JoshJosh117 macrumors 6502

17. jbachandouris macrumors 68040

jbachandouris

And yet, I have to wait 21 days even though AT&T has them in stock? What a bunch of ******. So much for 'pre-orders.':mad:

18. Young Spade macrumors 68020

Although that sems to make sense, it doesn't work like that.

ATT, Verizon, and Sprint all have x amount of phones that they can preorder
    and x amount of phones that they will have to SHIP to the stores themselves.

They then do the math, and ship what they thing is needed to the stores while saving a chunk to use for preorders.

You could preorder at any time, but if it was after the initial chunk was gone, you'll be waiting for the next batch.

Likewise, I think that a LOT of people thought the lines would be too long and preordered (I know I did online) and, as a result, the stores (depending on where they are) have models left.

I personally thought it would just be beter to preorder at 730am rather than ride my bike a mile to the nearest ATT and do it when they opened. Worked out for me.

19. djyoungcity macrumors newbie

All the Verizon stores in the Raleigh/Durham area (Within 100 miles), are sold out of the 64gb versions.

I still have yet to have my "pre-order" fullfilled by Best Buy, so much for Best Buy getting my business anymore

20. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Here in NJ, one coworker was complaining that his pre-order did not arrive today at the Jersey City Apple Store. They would not give him another one, he has to wait for the one that is "his", which is on backorder. For s&g's, another coworker went down there at 2PM and walked out with a new 4s, 32 gb. No line, no preorder.

21. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

Went into the Ardmore store to get a case and people were still buying them left and right.

22. mamon343 macrumors member

mamon343

23. sgrrsh26 macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Long island too

24. OSMac macrumors 65816

25. shutterbugnyc macrumors newbie

Jersey City has an Apple store?? You mean AT&T store?