Those of you who have PS Anti-Glare HD...

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by mattdo93, Jul 26, 2011.

1. mattdo93 macrumors 6502

mattdo93

How is it? Do you miss the 100% clarity? Are the benefits of having no fingerprints worth it? I'm thinking of getting one but I don't wanna just take it off as soon as I see it on. I've looked at "reviews" but most of them don't say anything besides what I already know >_> There was 1 good one but that's about it. So I ask the Macrumors community what their insight is :)

2. Jumpman2033 macrumors regular

Um...if clarity is your #1 priority, then this is not for you. If you are willing to sacrifice some clarity (screen a tad darker, if you look at it the right way you can see a gridline pattern) so you don't have to wipe your screen after every single use, then i'm sure you will be happy with it.

I currently use the HD Anti-glare from PS and love it. I don't mind losing some clarity and rarely have to clean the screen.

BONUS: If you ever get sweaty hands, your fingers will still slide nicely across the screen as apposed to bare glass or crystal protectors :D

3. mattdo93 thread starter macrumors 6502

mattdo93

That's what I'm debating. I do like clarity but after using my phone I'm OCD about cleanliness and wipe my screen all the time when I'm done with it. Even when there's alot of dust and lint I wipe it down. Pretty sure my natural oleophobic coating is gone now lol.

I've never seen a PowerSupport Anti-Glare HD film in person, just in videos and pictures.

4. Jumpman2033 macrumors regular

Yeah, that was my initial dilema as well. I just took the dive and never looked back. You get used to it after awhile and forget about it. I wish there was a way to have our cake and eat it too (maybe the SGP oleophobic protector? never tried it though).

If nothing else, buy the bundle of 1 Crystal front protector, 1 anti-glare front protector and 1 Crystal back protector for $20. Try out the Anti-glare, and if you don't like it swap it out for the crystal. I would definitely give it 2-4 weeks though to get used to it.

5. ARSkemp macrumors 6502

I bought the bundle. I used the Anti-Glare for a few days but just could not get adjusted to the clarity loss, especially with small text. Even though the crystal is a fingerprint magnet, to me the screen quality is a higher priority than fingerprints.

6. Phillies macrumors newbie

I am using the SGP oleo type and it has been great. I'd hate to ruin the quality of the iphone's screen (came from a Droid X with the matte finish anti-fingerprint type).

It seems to be a little less attractive than w/o a protector at all, but better to be safe than sorry.

7. mattdo93 thread starter macrumors 6502

mattdo93

Well guys I'll be picking up a PS Anti-Glare HD film tomorrow at my local Apple store. I'll post back here my thoughts of it after a day of use ;)

8. richxps macrumors 65816

richxps

Hey Matt, did you ever get the antiglare screen ? If so what is your opinion on it ? I just did a zagg removal and installed a crystal PS screen, i like it but today or tomorrow im going to install the antiglare screen, with some tips i got from itsmemorphious.
    here is my install http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PvZaIVJ9o0

btw im giving away a apple bumper soon so keep checking back or just subscribe.
    thanks

9. mpossoff macrumors 68020

10. mattdo93 thread starter macrumors 6502

mattdo93

Hey richxps. Thanks for reminding me. I completely forgot about this thread the day after. How silly of me...

Anyways, the PS Anti-Glare HD is really great. It gives a very nice, smooth feel when you slide your fingers across it. Of course, it's not gonna prevent ALL fingerprints. There will still be some smudges and whatnot. It's greatly reduced though. You can just get a damp cloth and make one wipe and it'll look just as new. When you make a call, normally the screen would be dirty either from your ear or cheek or whatever, but it prevents almost all of it.

It's a pain to not have 100% clarity. I used my friend's iPhone 4 and it was so clear, I almost took off my shield. But the pros outweigh the cons here. Almost no fingerprints and a smooth feel.

My recommendation would be to get the PS Anti-Glare HD only if you have a black iPhone 4. If you have a white one, then just get PS Crystal because you rarely see fingerprints on that thing anyways.

Too lazy to post pictures. Unless someone wants me to.

11. Shenaniganz08 macrumors 6502

One of the best things about the iPhone is the sharp clarity/high DPI

Putting on an antiglare shield is like putting a 200lb subwoofer in the trunk of a sports car.

I highly recommend the SGP oleophobic or just carry a microfiber with you and wipe it down if it gets dirty.