Those Pesky GOP Earmarks

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by rdowns, Dec 15, 2010.

1. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I know earmarks are just the tip of the iceberg, but at least some journalists are still calling politicians out on their lies.

2. sysiphus macrumors 6502a

sysiphus

Wish I could say I were surprised. Could you provide a citation, please? I'd love to pass this on to some friends who are staunch "it must be the Dems' fault" sorts...

3. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

Finally, journalists with the stones to ask the questions that SHOULD be asked.

4. rdowns thread starter macrumors Penryn

rdowns

5. Biff... macrumors 6502a

Biff...

Those are far and few in between. The mainstream media is so in the pockets of the democrats we'll never see true journalisam in this country. The closes you can get is Fox.

6. samiwas macrumors 65816

:rolleyes: Due to the recent sensitive nature of this forum, I will keep my mouth shut. But this comment should get a good rise out of people. Of course, with a comment like that...I'm assuming it's just baiting and waiting.

7. Biff... macrumors 6502a

Biff...

Please I see comments like this over and over, nobody seems to mind when its on the other side. :eek:

8. Rt&Dzine macrumors 6502a

Rt&Dzine

Fox "News" isn't in any pockets. :rolleyes:

dim.gif

9. rdowns thread starter macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Welcome to PRSI InTheBiff… :D

10. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Please please tell me this is sarcasm. While all US news sources are biased, Fox is just about the worst.

11. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

I think it is fair commentary to suggest that mainstream media and its journalists might report stories with a slight bias. Maybe even a liberal bias. I think it is natural for humans to have bias. That being said, I have never seen evidence that the owners of ABC/CBS/NBC and most others, or their news directors hire only liberal reporters and staff, communicate directly with politicians, and actively attempt to push an agenda. If it happens, it should be pointed out in exactly the same way that Fox News' corporate bias, efforts to manipulate issues, and push agendas are.

That would be fair and appropriate.

That being said, I think it probably means something that there aren't very many instances of mainstream media making up facts, pushing factually inaccurate stories, and blatently pushing liberal agendas. If there were, does anyone think they wouldn't be constant, hourly reports by Fox News?

12. Biff... macrumors 6502a

Biff...

Fox has its own bias, but its certainly not the worst. In general I remain skeptical of all media, since the majority leans left and only wants to push one point of view.

13. chrmjenkins macrumors 603

chrmjenkins

herein.

14. Biff... macrumors 6502a

Biff...

:d

15. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

Hey, keep coming back. We could use more conservatives who are willing to debate around here. I appreciate having people of strong opinions and possessed of facts to debate against. It helps me with my own views; sometimes I'm wrong, sometimes very much so.

16. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

On a similar line the North Korean official media is well known for its truthful reporting.

17. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

I'm going to have to ask your opinion on who exactly is worse out of the big media sources?

Also, I'll just leave this perfect example of unbiased news right here:

Attached Files: