Those that have used both: Preferences between iOS10.3.3 and the new iOS11

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by braddick, Sep 14, 2017.

1. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

With September 19th right around the corner I wanted to get the opinion of those who have run both 10.3.3 on their iPhones and have sampled the iOS11 betas- especially this last download.

Are there advantages to staying with iOS10 vs iOS11 (especially on a 6S or lesser iPhone)?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

2. TMRJIJ macrumors 68040

TMRJIJ

iOS Devices with an A8X or better seem to run great with iOS 11 both from experience and most posts I’ve seen on these forums.
    A broader sense of scope will be available when it actually releases to the public next week.

3. BrickbookPro macrumors regular

I like 11 for the new features. I’ve been running it since public beta 1. I’ve had no urge to go back.

4. braddick thread starter macrumors 68040

braddick

I could be wrong, but my inclination is to believe iOS11 vs iOS10 will be a more popular choice than the jump between iOS9 and iOS10 was.

5. iKnowMr.Jobs macrumors 6502

iKnowMr.Jobs

^This. I think this can also be attributed to fact that the Air 2 and all subsequent iOS devices have 2gb of RAM. It really keeps things flowing that much better. The first few betas of iOS 11 were not so great on my Air 2 but the current one is very smooth (may be slightly better than iOS 10). Really curious if the same holds true for the iPhone SE.