Those who are having great battery life on the 4s, will you do the update?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by The Game 161, Nov 7, 2011.

1. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

Seeing as apple will be bringing out an update to help fix battery issues...will you update as well or do you think updating to this may hurt you currently usage? will it be worth downloading if you already have great battery life?

2. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

Even if people don't update now sooner or later they will have to

3. Gage macrumors regular

Yeah, I've thought about the whole update thing as well. My 4s battery life has been great and that old saying, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" has been popping into my head, but as previously stated, I'll have to update eventually.

4. Will69 macrumors regular

5. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

Sooner or later we will all update. I am not the first and let others experiment with their device but I have never had a battery problem with my 4S or any problem with updating any of my iPhones and do not expect one after this update.

6. Frasern1 macrumors 6502a

Yup I am going to upgrade. It's not going to make it worse, at least I don't think it will and I am going to have to upgrade at some point in time so might as well do it now.

7. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I thought my battery was fine until I updated to 5.01 beta. I've seen enough of a difference to believe there was an issue after all.

8. bmms8 macrumors 68020

my battery was fine before the betas. i cannot say that is has improved after the update tbh. i drop about 10% at night, and this is on beta 2... all location services off except for cell network search. just wifi is on.

9. The Game 161 thread starter macrumors G5

The Game 161

10%? thats quite bad...

10. Hackintosh Sr. macrumors regular

On 5.0 I turned off time zone location updating,iad's, and traffic and battery was all good.

On 5.01 b1 battery seemed a little worse.

On 5.01 b2 battery seems better than 5.0.

Of course this is not scientific and personally I think it is very hard to bench battery performance unless someone wants to sit there and all do the same tests...which i don't have time to do :p

11. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

Everyone that is old enough:p, needs to remember how the iPhone 4 was when it was introduced. Everyone was screaming about poor battery life. Over a bit of time Apple fixed it as they will here, too!