Those who bought Watch w/leather bands, what do you about exercise?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by LiemTa, May 13, 2015.

1. LiemTa macrumors regular

Since sport bands aren't coming in for a while, how are those of you who planned on exercising with your watch coping with the fact that you can't sweat on the leather bands + sport bands aren't in yet?

2. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

What's exercise?

Kidding, kidding.

I bought the classic buckle band watch, plus a separate black sport band for times I expect to get sweaty.

I am finding, however, the sport band to be so comfortable that I'm wearing it more and more frequently.

3. vladzaharia macrumors regular

You can sweat on the leather bands just fine, you just can't do it constantly. Getting it wet for the 2ish weeks until sport bands come in (they're 2-4 week right now) a few times a week is not going to ruin your strap.

4. elgerber macrumors member

I bought a cheap leather band on Amazon to wear when I am on the elliptical. Still not ideal, but it was the only one that was available with the adapter, to ship right away. It's way bigger than my Apple band, so I roll up a thin sock and stick in under the strap on the underside of my wrist, so it can get the heart rate.
    would rather have a sports band, but this will do for now, to keep my Apple leather band from getting nasty.

5. Sodner macrumors 68020

Sodner

Waiting God knows how long for one of the sport bands I ordered to arrive. Till then the watch comes off and gets left at home when I go to the gym. Same for the wife. :mad::mad:

6. Cook$ter macrumors newbie

This. I haven't gone back to the classic buckle since putting on the sports band. It's that comfortable. I expect the classic buckle to be worn only on dressier occasions. I'm now considering ordering another, more colorful sports band.