iPhone 11 Pro Those who didn't pre-order and will be getting their phone in store, what time are you going?

trnjackie23

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 23, 2010
Annapolis, MD
Trying to get a consensus on what time I should be headed to my local store (in a mall in Annapolis). I've heard 7am will be too late if I want to get a midnight green pro max, so what is a 'good' time to get there? 6? 5:30? 5?

BLuRRnAWAY

macrumors member
May 8, 2014
Half hour before they open is generally a good time, wait outside at the nearest entrance and wait for the Apple employees to form the line. I’ve done it a few times, it can be a frenzy, but most likely not with this launch.

penajmz

macrumors 68040
Sep 11, 2008
New York City
It depends where you live. Being in NYC, if I was to do that, I’d need to be there several hours prior to opening time to have a good chance.

SR42

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2016
This launch probably won't be like the iPhone X, but I waited in line at an apple store for that one because my pre order went through too late and I got a delivery date 2 weeks after launch.
Anyway, I got to the apple store at noon on Thursday (the day before launch) and I was about 20th in line at an apple store in Houston. So waited in line for about 20 hours. By 8am the next morning, probably 300 people in line.

In my opinion, If you want a midnight green max, you should get there the night before.

Reactions: SHKLMRE

SHKLMRE

macrumors 6502
Nov 30, 2013
Pennsylvania
Totally depends. I would recommend asking the Apple store employee at your particular store. Every store in my area definitely gets different crowds. The easy answer is to wait until Saturday, go on Apple’s website early in the morning once the store refreshes its stock, and hopefully reserve the model you’re looking for that way.

Reactions: Maclver