Those who had the iphone 4, was it worth upgrading to the iphone 4s?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by The Game 161, Oct 14, 2011.

1. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

Wanted to get some feedback how much faster you have found it and in general with the overall speed. graphics, camera and those in the UK wether Siri has been as good as expected?

2. TOMIMOT macrumors 6502

TOMIMOT

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

I just upgraded to the 4S from the 4. Looks exactly the same layout as if you were to get the iOS update. Now onto the processor, I've noticed a huge difference in speed my web pages open extremely fast everything just loads perfectly. Camera is amazing you will only notice once u open the pictures on a computer and appreciate them more. Siri is great add on but I live in Canada so maps and locations arnt available which is a downfall but I'm sure there will be an update. For me, definatley worth the upgrade. Once again it's extremely fast BUY ONE!!!

3. ajcadoo macrumors 6502

ajcadoo

This guy is an idiot. Do not get a 4S from a 4. You will miss out on the real release next summer. iPhone 5 is where its at.

4. robotrootbeer macrumors member

Camera alone was worth the upgrade for me. Love my 4s

5. brian540 macrumors member

If you can sell your iPhone 4 for what you buy the s for go for it else nothing screams upgrade

6. robotrootbeer macrumors member

Sounds like someone is jealous they couldnt get a 4s LOL.
    Just sell the 4s for a 5 like I sold my 4 for my 4s. Really not that hard.

7. Yumunum macrumors 65816

Yumunum

I'm surprised I did it, but I upgraded... And I'm happy. Things are so much faster. The A5 is what I mostly care about. Everything from opening Evernote, to loading Apple.com, has become way easier

8. The Game 161 thread starter macrumors G5

The Game 161

that would be a big thing for me too.

9. asouclks macrumors member

10. rever3nce macrumors 6502a

rever3nce

who says you cant get an "iphone 5" when you have an iphone 4s?

11. The Game 161 thread starter macrumors G5

The Game 161

I'm hoping to get the 4s at the end of the month and my contract ends next dec so thats the plan for me.

12. chanerz macrumors 6502a

13. daneoni, Oct 15, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2011

daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

If i was tied to a contract i would wait. But i buy my phones outright and use money from the sale of the previous iPhone to offset the cost. From that standpoint it was worth it for me.

The phone is faster, camera is yet again best in class, reception is improved and Siri pretty good.

14. rever3nce macrumors 6502a

rever3nce

i had the iphone 4 black on release day , got the iphone 4 white on release day and got the iphone 4s on release day... im on an employee plan so i never get an upgrade ..... so yeahhh , its called saving your money. not trying to sound like a jerk . but "waiting" to get an "iphone 5" that we know absolutely nothing about is silly to me. much less saying its coming in the summer

Once again NOT trying to sound like a jerk , JUST SAYING

15. wutang61 macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

The snappy nature of the 4s phone is much welcome over the 4. Could tell immediately. Zooming and scrolling in safari is amazing now

16. The Game 161 thread starter macrumors G5

The Game 161

Oh I agree, nobody does know when it will be out..will be at least a year.

17. disarticulate, Oct 15, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2011

disarticulate macrumors regular

Definitely worth it. The speed bump is very noticeable. I tether a lot, so it's really going to shine in that respect.

Running speedtest app I'm averaging 4-5 mbps down and 1mbps up.

Web pages load quite a bit faster.

18. illegalprelude macrumors 68000

illegalprelude

Why can't somebody get both? I went from a 32GB iPhone 4 to a 64GB iPhone 4S and for Siri alone, it's been worth it. However, the real magic can be just in the pure speed. It's not a day night difference but the snappiness of it is fantastic. I also take a ton of pictures so a boosted camera is always welcomed.

Also, I can now tell Siri to beam me up :D

19. rever3nce macrumors 6502a

rever3nce

i have tethering plan and can no longer find "personal hotspot" under my settings! please help? i found them on other peoples iphone4s's but cant find it on mine

20. Mademan12321 macrumors 6502

I'm eligible every year so it doesn't bother me a bit. I'll just sell this one and get the next like I have always done.
    And just how in the hell do you know he isn't eligible every year before you jump on here calling people idiots. God some of you people are jealous, sad, miserable vessels of hate.

21. The Game 161 thread starter macrumors G5

The Game 161

For those who say 3G doesn't switch off.

does it stay on when you have wifi on?

22. ericxd macrumors regular

If you are looking for 64gb capacity, then yes.
    If you have money, then yes.
    If you wanna brag about the S. then yes but no one cares.

Otherwise, I don't see why you need it. A5 dual core O EM GEE, 0.5 second faster...HOLY SMOKES...calm down nerds. And phones with more than 5 megapixels is a joke.. I have a few iPhone 4S ready for resell. For me, I rather make money than upgrade from my 4 but that is just me.

23. disarticulate macrumors regular

Easy there Josef Stalin, he can spend his money however he pleases.

24. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

It's faster than my iPhone 4; Siri is pretty nice. Reception is spot on. The camera is pretty good for a cell phone, and I really needed more space, so have a 64GB option was a major selling point for me.

So I upgraded to an iPhone 4S… why would that mean I'm missing out on from the upgrade next year? :confused:

25. Gregintosh macrumors 68000

Presumably, you won't get a qualifying price again for 16+ months, so if the next iPhone were to drop within 12 months you may or may not qualify, and if it drops in early Summer of next year you definitely will have to pay full price.