Those who have a iPad 1 or 2 and a Apple TV, What can i do with both?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by maf2k8, Mar 14, 2011.

1. maf2k8 macrumors 6502

Ok so i got a iPad 2 and thinking about getting a Apple TV. I am interested in the streaming function on the 2.

Can some of you tell me what things i can do with the 2 together?

thanks.

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Other than Streaming Audio/Video using AirPlay and using the Remote App from Apple to control the TV, what else do you want the iPad and Apple TV to do together?

3. maf2k8 thread starter macrumors 6502

Well it stream webpages ( can i browse the web using safari on my TV for instance )

If i have the iPad in 1 bedroom, will it stream a 720p video on my 3rd bedroom? ( safe floor, no doors, but will be between 2 walls )

Also, do i have to import ALL my movies that are in my movie folder INTO iTunes? i currently download stuff from all parts of the web and they play on my iMac, Quicktime, VLC player fine...If i understand correctly, each movie has to be encoded ( which takes a bit of time ) into iTunes...Is this correct? or no?

4. zMacintoshz macrumors regular

zMacintoshz

I ordered a 64GB Wi-Fi+3G iPad 2 online, the next day (during launch Time) i went to the Apple store and bought an Apple tv. I have not recivevd my iPad 2 yet but i have used it with my iPhone 4. With the remote app you can control your Apple tv( there is a Remote made by apple for the iPad also.) One of my favorite things about the Apple tv is that you can stream any video from your iOS device to it. (example, iPod touch, iPhone, iPad) Also if you have Netflix it works great on the Apple tv. for $8USD a month you can get unlimited movies and tv shows sreamed to your apple tv.
    So far I've used it every day:apple::D

5. ea9 macrumors regular

You can stream all the videos that you have on your iPad or in iTunes (yes, they have to be converted, do it overnight if you have too many) to your Apple TV2. As long as they are both connected to your wifi network. Then you can control your AT2 with your iPad Remote app. You can airplay your recorded videos and your photos.

And all the videos you have on iTunes can be played on your Apple TV2 and you can control all of that through your iPad.

6. saving107, Mar 14, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2011

saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

iTunes will convert some (maybe all) media types to be able to play on the Apple TV.
    [​IMG]

and you don't have to re-allocate all of your media into the iTunes folder, just uncheck this box (below) in your preferences and go to your movies folder, highlight all and drag into iTunes, your movies will stay put and they will still play in iTunes

[​IMG]