Those who have an ipad 2, are you upgrading to the NEW IPAD?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by The Game 161, Mar 12, 2012.

?

Those who have an ipad 2, are you upgrading to the NEW IPAD?

1. Yes the retina display and LTE, Camera makes it worth it

85 vote(s)
    77.3%
  2. No-the spec bumps aren't worth upgrading. I was hoping it would have siri

5 vote(s)
    4.5%
  3. I'm happy with what I've got

20 vote(s)
    18.2%
  1. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

Wanted to see those who already have the ipad 2, will you be upgrading to the new ipad?

2. RelentlessFruit macrumors newbie

3. The Game 161 thread starter macrumors G5

The Game 161

Must be said though that the LTE sounds great but for those in the UK it will be very much limited. basically the 4G speeds will be for US only.

4. BergerFan, Mar 12, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2012

BergerFan macrumors 68020

BergerFan

5. phobic99 macrumors 6502a

phobic99

Yep, I have a 32 GB iPad 2 with ATT 3G and I ordered a 32 GB iPad 3 with wifi only.

6. Anlino macrumors member

1+. Browsing the web, reading books, watching movies, playing games... Pretty much everything I use the iPad for will be an improved experience with the Retina screen. Can't wait.

7. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

I think we need at least 4 more of these same polls.

8. fishmd macrumors 68000

fishmd

I have an iPad 1. Still not upgrading. So weird for me too as I usually have the newest Apple products when they come out. I did not get an iPad 2 as there really was no reason to upgrade to that from the iPad 1. I said I would wait till they came out with a better display. Now they have the better display, but I want to wait to see how it looks in person and make sure there are not going to be a bunch of screen issues before I buy into the hype.

9. GR33NIE macrumors 6502

Yep. The re-sale value of the 2 swung it for me, I sold a 16GB WIFI (White) for £300 cash, means the upgrade only cost me £99 :D

10. Xeperu macrumors 6502

I was considering it, but I currently sport the top model iPad2 and it's proving hard to sell for a decent price. (the 16GB models retain their value better). I've decided to wait out the iPad3 and get an iPad4 next year. If Apple has proven a thing it's that first gen of huge improvements (the screen) aren't usually Apple quality.

I'm happy with what I've got, for now. Maybe I'll decide to upgrade later this year, who knows.

11. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

I voted "yes," but I intended to upgrade even before I bought an iPad 2. Until the iPad fully matures annual upgrades will be worth flipping the old model. At some point -- similar to the iPods, or even Macs, the annual updates will be rather insignificant. Only then will I start to skip a generation. The new iPad is quite upgrade worthy.

12. The Catalyst macrumors 6502

Nope, no need to move up to the New iPad for me. The iPad2 is still more than good enough for what little use I put on it. In fact, I just picked up a used 32gb model from a buddy that's upgrading (and my current 16gb is being sold to a friend).

Everybody wins. :apple:

13. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

Retina display was my main reason. I do a lot of reading and after seeing the retina display on my 4S, it was a must have.

Having a focusing, higher res camera is nice too (re: useable).

14. needthephone macrumors 6502a

For me Im happy with the ipad 2. Screen is great and I never use camera.

I have a 4 S and if I was honest I could easily live with the iphone 4 so I'm in no hurry to update my brilliant ipad 2

15. N23 macrumors regular

Sticking with the iPad 2 wouldn't have been been the worst thing ever for me,
    but for what I sold it for I only had to pay roughly $100 for a new processor and retina display.

Not bad at all.

16. zurichuk macrumors regular

Yep, upgrading. Sister-in-law is having my iPad2. (which I swore I would never get in the first place)

It's strange, 3 years ago, there was no Apple stuff in the household, then I got an iPod Touch because of a game I wanted to play on the road.

3 years later, we have an iMac, a MBP, 3 iPod Touchs (3 children), soon the new iPad in our household, my wifes sister now has 2 iPod Touchs after seeing ours and soon my iPad2, my mum has an iPad after seeing mine. My sister... etc etc The bandwagon effect Apple has is quite incredible.

17. MS2083 macrumors regular

I have an iPad 2, and will be Upgrading to an iPad 3 !!! its all about two things mainly for me; High Res Retina Display and the A5X Quad Core Graphics...

18. scottw324 macrumors 6502

I have an iPad 32 Gb wifi only model now and I bought the 16 Gb iPad 3rd gen LTE model. I usually do not use all 32 Gb of space since I pretty much stream everything at the house. I use Netflix and I stream my iTunes library to the apple tvs and my ipads so not much use for the actual physical storage on the ipad. When a jb comes out for it I have a cck and 32 usb drive that will work for it and I can use that for my additional storage for movies if needed. Otherwise I will make due.

The retina, LTE, 5 MP camera, and voice dictation are pretty much what sold me. I wanted to wait but figure I can resell my ipad 2 wifi to make some of the money back and upgrade for half the cost. Then we will see about next year.

19. fhall1 macrumors 68040

fhall1

Still on the fence....maybe I'll upgrade after I actually see the new model and there are refurbs offered at a lower price.

20. quinn222 macrumors member

Under normal circumstances I wouldn't have. I typically skip generations in upgrading technology. However, some months ago my 85 year old Mom's computer (and it was a horrible, laggy, useless thing) got fried by lightening. When it happened I suggested she might prefer to have it replaced not with another desktop or laptop but with an iPad. An iPad will do everything she'd like and more in a lighter, easier, more elegant way. She told me she wasn't sure but she'd think about it. Then we went on a weeklong trip to a family wedding where she got to spend quality time with my iPad and that made up her mind, she wanted an iPad and she wanted one bad! At that point I knew the new one was coming and told her if she could wait a bit I'd upgrade mine and give her the old one, so that's what I did. She is more anxious for the arrival of my new iPad than I am I think!

21. OliverOSX93 macrumors regular

I'm going to update after I rob a bank ;) in all seriousness I might actually end up missing out on this generation.