Those who have pre-ordered at Best Buy before, tips please?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iamMacPerson, Sep 9, 2014.

1. iamMacPerson macrumors 68030

iamMacPerson

So I will be pre-ordering my new iPhone from Best Buy this year. I was just curious, to those who have pre-ordered from Best Buy before, did you have to camp out to pre-order at all? Did you just walk in the day they started the pre-orders? When were you able to pick your new phone up (approximately)?

Thanks in advanced!

2. BabyFu18 macrumors member

BabyFu18

I pre-ordered my iPhone 5 with BB when it came out and I will never do that again. I walked in on the first day of pre orders and did everything, when the phones were supposed to come in I never got a call about mine, so I called the store every few days for two and a half weeks and they kept saying the phones were delayed or that they had some phones but not the one I wanted, etc. so I gave it another week and still I got the run around, I even made a trip to the store to check on it and speak to a manager who said 'I have no idea what happened with your pre order, but we don't have any extra phones to fill your order so you'll have to wait until the next shipment'. Finally after three and a half weeks I went elsewhere and found the phone I wanted (in one day) and did my upgrade through Target. I ended up canceling my BB pre order and getting my deposit back from them. It was an awful experience with BB and I'll never do a phone pre order through them again.

Hopefully you'll have better luck!

3. nbuubu macrumors regular

I stopped by the Best Buy on Geary in San Francisco today and among other things, asked them about pre orders. They said that they weren't going to be taking any and weren't even sure when they would get stock. Which I suppose is much better than taking pre orders and fulfilling them whenever.

Not even sure if I want the iPhone 6 ... Fine with my 5S and was more curious than anything else. Rather buy from Best Buy for the 6% back I get in rewards from being an Elite Plus member. Which is better than nothing.

4. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

Their pre-order process has been ABSOLUTELY awful for the past few years. I only got mine because I called daily otherwise there were over a hundred people in front of me on their pre-order line, and it took months to fulfill them all.

5. drogba macrumors member

Yeah to mirror the fella above me, I've heard it's not the best process. From long lines, misleading information and more, it's kind of a mess from what I've heard. Never done it myself for a few reasons, but know some people who've done it before and regretted the experience completely.

6. EnderTW macrumors 6502

Don't do it. Its not worth it. Even with preorder I had to wait 4-5 hours due to the line. Never again.

7. mnsportsgeek macrumors 68000

8. jcr918 macrumors regular

If you want to chance not getting your pre order BestBuy is the way to go :D

9. martiansoldier macrumors 6502

I'm still waiting on my call from Best Buy for the iPhone 5 pre-order that I put in 2 years ago. Since then, I've bought the iPhone 5 (from Apple) and the iPhone 5s (from Apple).

I've had better luck at RadioShack, when I put in an order for the iPhone 4s and had it in my hands on launch day.

10. iamMacPerson thread starter macrumors 68030

iamMacPerson

Thanks for the heads up everyone! I've decided it would just be easier to pre-order it through Apple. BB sounds like a horrible place to preorder. :(