Those who skipped 2 and went from 1 to 3

Discussion in 'iPad' started by coolwater, Mar 16, 2012.

1. coolwater macrumors 6502a

coolwater

I was really happy with my Original iPad so I thought about skipping 3 as well. But, I am so glad that I didn't skip 3. WOW The New iPad is worth every penny. :D

2. Inopia-Vi macrumors regular

Well, as I went to the apple store today, I took my decision to skip the 3 as well. The retina is neat, but the heat is a dealbreaker for me. I'll wait untill they get a better battery technology and an overhaul. :(

3. nikhsub1 macrumors 68000

nikhsub1

My iPad 1 has been unusable for me since the iPhone 4s came out. It is so slow and crashes all the time. The new iPad is much better.

4. SteveAbootman macrumors 6502a

SteveAbootman

So glad I updated from the 1. Running speed tests between the two side-by-side and its night and day - the iPad 3 was a great choice!

5. kidnice15 macrumors member

I am glad that I got the new iPad and didn't stick with my original iPad. Like somebody else said. It was really slow. The keyboard would lag when I would type. This new iPad is just really fluid. I can't put it down lol

6. Reser macrumors 6502

MY iPad 1 became unsuable to me when the Iphone 4 came out.. my phone being faster and better looking, just really put me off using it, I eventually sold it just before the iPad 2 came out for pretty much 95% of the value.

I then decided to wait until it had a Retina display and faster then the iPhone.

They finally gave it everything I was waiting for so I finally am back with an iPad and loving it.

7. dukeblue91 macrumors 65816

dukeblue91

Same here I'm so glad that I upgraded to the new iPad from the original.

8. temetrepo macrumors member

temetrepo

Lol damn. You're all making it difficult for me. I still got the 1 and said i would skip 3 since mine still good and works fine albeit slow. Arrrgggghhhhh
    Desicions. Y u no make it easy. Lol

9. Chelmo macrumors regular

I'm overall happy with going from iPad 1 to 3. Bit concerned about it warming up though.

Speakers are amazing!
    Retina display brilliant!
    Size so much better than first iPad
    A lot faster (although iOS 5.1 did make using my first iPad a bit more bearable!)
    Photobooth is jokes!

Found all the connections a bit awkward to use compared to first iPad (micro sim tray etc..) very impressive though in reducing size of iPad

10. Ayemerica macrumors demi-god

Ayemerica

Same I skipped the iPad 2. I am absolutely blown away with the iPad 3.

11. DS3 macrumors 6502a

iPad 2's upgrades were under appreciated in the initial post press conference reactions in my opinion.

Obviously add in the Retina display and other 3 upgrades and its definitely well worth the upgrade to anyone who can afford it.

12. Djay1 macrumors member

Totally happy with the move from 1st iteration to the 3rd!

No crashes, "snappy" response compared to version one and orgasmic visuals! :eek:

13. JonMPLS macrumors 65816

Yup, that's my sentiment exactly. 1 to 3 is a great move.

14. nikhsub1 macrumors 68000

nikhsub1

There is no comparison... the new iPad is WAYYYYYYYYYYY better than gen 1

15. temetrepo macrumors member

temetrepo

Lol. Shhhhh.
    Wife would kill me if she sees a few hundreds suddenly disappear from the account:D

16. lilj4425 macrumors 6502a

I belong to this group. :D Sold my 1st gen on Thursday and bought the 3rd gen on Friday. 100% worth it.

17. techkidd4400 macrumors regular

Glad I upgraded. My iPad 1 became painful to use after the iOs 5 upgrade. Now, nothing crashes on my iPad!

18. Scott-n-Houston macrumors 6502a

Count me in. I really liked my iPad 1, but wasn't using it much lately because of speed issues. I usually just used my MacBook Pro or even iPhone 4s.

Now, I'm looking for a reason to use my MBP. This thing is awesome, and LTE is amazing. It's like wifi at home.

19. eq2675 macrumors regular

I went from a 1 to the 3 and couldn't be happier.

I think there is a good reason that AppleCare is for 2 years. That's how often one should upgrade.

20. cdmoore74 macrumors 68020

I bought my wife a first gen but never used it. So technically ipad 3 is my first ipad. I'm a Android phone fanboy because I want choice (the small 3.5 screen sucks, sorry!) but Apple has the tablet market locked up. This year I'm picking iPad.
    Never touched a ipad 2 for more than 20 minutes. iPad 1 to iPad 3 is the best upgrade. iPad 2 not so much.

21. laokai macrumors member

After using my iPad 1 nearly every day since launch...just plain loving the new iPad now.

So much quicker and the screen is gorgeous.

My daughter will inherit the iPad 1 now.

22. brentsg macrumors 68040

That was my first experience as well. The form is thin enough that the dock connector fits oddly.

23. LanEvo macrumors 6502

I went 1 to 2 to 3, it got better every time.

24. batotman macrumors 6502

Perhaps you and Santa should take your magic tophat and head to the North Pole where you won't melt? :D

25. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

My thoughts exactly. The lag was helped a little when I updated to 5.1 but the 3 is such a nice upgrade.

I try to stay on an "every other" upgrade cycle. It's served me well so far. :)