Those with less education view the Iraq war negatively

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by MACDRIVE, Sep 11, 2007.

1. MACDRIVE macrumors 68000

MACDRIVE

The Associated Press

I guess we're all stupid then. :cool:

2. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

Yeah, so nice of them to make generalizations like that.

I'm sure there aren't any uneducated bumpkins with Charlton Heston dolls out there voting Republican all the time.

:rolleyes:

3. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

In this, I'll agree with the present administration's read of polls: they're about as useful as screen doors on submarines. If I were better educated, I'd say it more eloquently. For now, this will have to do. :rolleyes:

4. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Haha! I thought all institutions of higher learning were liberal? Can these people make up their minds please?

5. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

Hmm.. so, by inductive reasoning:

I mean no disrespect to homosexuals and the gay community by inferring that they are Republican.

6. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

Yeah, like I really need to comment on this one. Lol!

7. Queso macrumors G4

I could comment here about this group being used to believing lies....

....but I won't :D

8. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe

Not all education is created equally.

What this says to me is that those most likely to be shipped off to war are more likely to be opposed to it (poorer, less educated), which isn't terribly surprising.

9. Daveman Deluxe macrumors 68000

Daveman Deluxe

dynamicv: You just did.

David's pet peeve #32: Saying "I could say 'xxx' but I won't." It is only slightly worse than the "-gry" riddle.

10. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

Since very few white, upper middle class families have lost sons or daughters to the war it's not at all surprising that the white, upper middle class supports the war. Especially since there are many who have profited economically from it.

If there was a draft, I wonder how radically those figures would change?

11. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Again... there is a difference between "tendenancy" and "absolutely everyone is like X".

12. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Or in white Christian supremacy. I won't do that either, for fear of upsetting Dave.

13. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

Pretty much what I was going to say.

Lethal

14. SMM macrumors 65816

SMM

A local radio show host damn-near seizured when I called him on this. He was fanning the flames of war leading up to the invasion. He has been forced to silent ignorance, as his arguments have slowly been shown to be lies. A couple months back, he was complaining how his two ~20 year-old sons were having a hard time finding employment. They were delivering pizza.

I called him on the air (talk show), and asked why these two strapping young men were not in Iraq, defending the cause he so strongly believed in? His sputtering response was, "It is their lives to do with as they please". I suggested he must not be teaching his family American values. He totally lost his cool. "It was none of my business HOW he raised his family". I had made my point, and wanted to defuse anything further.

I told him, "Bob, when you start volunteering other people's sons to go die to make you feel more secure, you better look around your own house and see WHO will have to make the sacrifice of life. It may give you pause to reflect whether this is really a good idea".

To his credit, he has actually been raising as many anti-war points, as CBS will allow him. As far as this survey goes, my wife has a doctorate in statistics, and I have degrees in Poly Sci and CS. All of our family and friends have degrees, or extended high school educations. No one is for this friggin war. Everyone would support immediate impeachment. This survey was obviously stratified.

15. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

Well, this made my day. ¡Muchisimas gracias!

Attached Files:

16. DakotaGuy macrumors 68040

DakotaGuy

Not everyone who doesn't have a college degree is stupid. My father does not have a college degree and he is an intelligent man. We had a neighbor lady who just turned 90 years old and she has a 4th grade education and she has always been very informed and had good opinions. She read all the time and basically self-educated herself.

17. Queso macrumors G4

The reverse is also true. Not everyone with a college degree is intelligent.

18. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Bush is Ivy League educated.

'Nuff said.