Those WITHOUT cases having scuff issues?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by flamingoezz, Sep 28, 2012.

1. flamingoezz macrumors member

I've had a case on since I got my phone...considering a case with less coverage.

Are those of you not using a case finding easy scratchability on that chamfered edge?

Not looking for responses about flawed phones from shipment, but rather if you're seeing flaws from use.

Thanks!!

2. eye.surgeon macrumors 6502

I got mine on launch day, black. Not a scratch on it. I keep it in my pocket most of the time.

FWIW, the actual first phone I got had a large dent in the back and was exchanged for a new one.

3. Ishimaru macrumors 6502a

I keep mine naked and I haven't had a single scratch, ding, or "scuff" at all. Then again, I take care of my phones. :)

4. fins831 macrumors 6502a

I think the phone is quite durable, although I don't have one yet, my 2 friends got them on launch day and have been going naked with APP+, and they look flawless still, and they don't take extra care of their phones, they just use em the way they should.

The phone is durable if you get one that isn't dented or dinged from the start

5. flamingoezz thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the info..guess I'll go with the smaller case.

On launch day, i did a little scratch test on the demo and it seemed durable, so i think I'm in a good batch.

6. jer9542 macrumors member

I'm actually really happy to see that those marks wiped off so easily on the back. I doubt I'll ever use a case, considering I never used one for my 4 or 4S.

7. schizbomb macrumors 6502

First phone I got came scratched out of the box

The replacement was flawless. No silver exposed through the black at all.

No case, kept in my pocket.

I even dropped it on asphalt in a parking lot with out a scratch or blemish. Whew.

8. dasx macrumors 65816

dasx

I bought it today in Barcelona. (Launch day today)
    It's flawless. Checked other phones in the store (they were taking us in groups of 5 to buy them together (looooong line)) and they were flawless too.

I pretend to go naked as I did with my 4S. The phone's damn beautiful, I wanna see it every time I use it!

9. Sneakyfox macrumors regular

Sneakyfox

Arrived yesterday via delivery. Have had it in/out of my pocket quite bit today. Had it in there at work (and my job is quite physical) and after taking it out at the end I can see no visible damage of any kind. Was wearing jeans too.

10. Nikhil72 macrumors 6502a

Been walking around since launch day last friday without a case, phone's in great shape no scuff (knock on wood). I've never used a case with any iPhone and this one is too gorgeous to cover up

11. Crotalus_Joe macrumors regular

Launch day phone, no case, no scratches, no scuffs.

12. MrXiro macrumors 68040

MrXiro

I have a little bit of scratching at he seams at the bottom left and right. They are the antenna lines (I think) that break just at the bottom sides. They are tiny and virtually unnoticeable. I didn't see them until my 2nd inspection of the phone. I plan on covering the side with a red leather skin anyway so blah f-it not worth bugging people at Apple over. My phone had no problems besides those micro scratches at the sides. I have it in a Diztronic case currently until my case gets here.