Thought airplane mode wasn't supposed to kill bluetooth?

Discussion in 'iOS 11' started by bscheffel, Sep 20, 2017.

1. bscheffel macrumors member

I thought in ios 11 that toggling airplane mode in the control center wasn't supposed to kill bluetooth (and thus my airpods) but it seems to behave exactly the same way in iOS 11 that it did in iOS 10 - toggling airplane mode killed my music through airpods.

2. Paddle1 macrumors 68040

Turning on Airplane Mode disables all wireless connectivity on your device.

In iOS 11, toggling Bluetooth off from Control Center doesn't completely disable it.

3. bscheffel thread starter macrumors member

There are a ton or articles that said Airplane Mode in iOS 11 wasn't supposed to kill bluetooth if being used.

Here's an article from Verge from just yesterday that said "Airplane mode is a lot more intelligent now. If you’re using Wi-Fi or Bluetooth then it doesn’t disable those when you activate the toggle".

https://www.theverge.com/2017/9/19/16332214/apple-ios-11-control-center

4. niji Contributor

niji

that article is wrong.
    turning on Airplane Mode needs to be the best way to ensure that all services affecting an airplane's functions (supposedly) are in fact totally turned off.
    what the article misses is that WiFi and Bluetooth toggles in Control Center won't disconnect headphones.

5. hansenc macrumors 6502

hansenc

Airplane mode remembers what you like. so if you turn it on and then turn on wifi and bluetooth then turn airplane mode off and then back on it will remember what you prefer and leave wifi and bluetooth on.