Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Teddysjam

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 19, 2014
I have a series 1 thought I didn’t need the 4 but saw it live and in person. One sweet looking watch and love the real estate on the screen. Now I’m late to the party. lol. Shipping date is oct 25th-November 1st. Quick ? I’m doing the trade-in thing like 65.00 I’ll take it. Do they send the return box when your watch ships or before hand. Thanks.

Rangers94

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2014
Congrats. You’re gonna love it. I’m coming from the Series 3 and I still find it a huge upgrade. Enjoy!

As to your question..not sure.

dotzero123

macrumors 6502a
Sep 3, 2018
Philadelphia Suburbs
Congratulations! You're gonna love it. From what I've read they will send you the watch and the return box. Once you've got your new watch up and going you send in your old watch for the credit. I've only done it at the store, but was going to preorder and that's how I read it.

ReardenMetal

macrumors 6502
May 1, 2015
Los Angeles
Congratulations! You're gonna love it. From what I've read they will send you the watch and the return box. Once you've got your new watch up and going you send in your old watch for the credit. I've only done it at the store, but was going to preorder and that's how I read it.

Did they ask for your watch band at the store too?
Did you add give back to your cart and buy online for in-store pick up or did ya just walk in?
Did the store credit match the online credit? Thanks!

Mabus51

Suspended
Aug 16, 2007
Good luck with the trade in. I got my watch on launch day and still haven’t received the trade in kit. Finally just took the old one to the Apple Store and traded it in there.

dotzero123

macrumors 6502a
Sep 3, 2018
Philadelphia Suburbs
I was not asked to return the band or accessories. I just walked in and was lucky enough to pick up the watch that I wanted. The credit in store was identical to what I was quoted online. I've used the buy back a few times with Apple and have never had an issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.