Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

simoneves

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 22, 2003
AT&T finally charged my debit card this morning for the phone I ordered on the 15th and received on Wednesday. Really thought I was getting it for free for a while, there... :)

lionheartednyhc

macrumors 65816
Jul 13, 2009
AT&T finally charged my debit card this morning for the phone I ordered on the 15th and received on Wednesday. Really thought I was getting it for free for a while, there... :)

chocolate_chip_cookie.jpg

simoneves

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 22, 2003
:)

I wasn't looking for praise (or cookies)... just wondering if anyone else had the same delayed payment, and would admit to it now whereas they might have been keeping quiet about not having been charged!

Not that it really matters. Off to enjoy my phone... erm... I mean... get back to work.

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta

I wasn't looking for praise (or cookies)... just wondering if anyone else had the same delayed payment, and would admit to it now whereas they might have been keeping quiet about not having been charged!

Not that it really matters. Off to enjoy my phone... erm... I mean... get back to work.

While it easy to dish on AT&T it's also a mammoth undertaking to activate, change plans, and charge/credit on 750,000 plus accounts in just a few hours while still doing all the normal day to day business not related to the iPhone.

bat95132

macrumors member
Apr 26, 2010

Keep in mind you are not charged on the 15th. An authorization is placed on the 15th which then falls off a few days later. Once the phone shipped on the 22nd the charge was processed and it took 3-4 days for it to be processed by your bank and posted. You were charged on the 22nd but it posted today or yesterday. Hope this makes sense... Your bank is to blame for most of the delay.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.