Thought I was getting my iPhone 4 for free

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by simoneves, Jun 25, 2010.

1. simoneves macrumors member

AT&T finally charged my debit card this morning for the phone I ordered on the 15th and received on Wednesday. Really thought I was getting it for free for a while, there... :)

2. lionheartednyhc macrumors 65816

lionheartednyhc

[​IMG]

3. simoneves thread starter macrumors member

:)

I wasn't looking for praise (or cookies)... just wondering if anyone else had the same delayed payment, and would admit to it now whereas they might have been keeping quiet about not having been charged!

Not that it really matters. Off to enjoy my phone... erm... I mean... get back to work.

4. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

While it easy to dish on AT&T it's also a mammoth undertaking to activate, change plans, and charge/credit on 750,000 plus accounts in just a few hours while still doing all the normal day to day business not related to the iPhone.

5. woosah macrumors regular

woosah

I received mine on the 23rd, card wasn't charged until yesterday.

6. bat95132 macrumors member

Keep in mind you are not charged on the 15th. An authorization is placed on the 15th which then falls off a few days later. Once the phone shipped on the 22nd the charge was processed and it took 3-4 days for it to be processed by your bank and posted. You were charged on the 22nd but it posted today or yesterday. Hope this makes sense... Your bank is to blame for most of the delay.