Thought ios6 let u take still pictures from your videos?

MMOTotal

macrumors regular
Aug 9, 2012
Azeroth
Not sure about a new iOS 6 feature that does this but what I do is the following.

Hold down the home button and the sleep/wake button at the same time and it takes a still image of what you are viewing.

iMrNiceGuy0023

macrumors 68000
Jun 5, 2009
It does it on the iPhne 5, I didnt see the feature on the iPhone 4, and didnt upadate my 4S to iOS 6 yet

so it may be an iPhone 5 feature only

stuaz

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2012
Not sure about a new iOS 6 feature that does this but what I do is the following.

Hold down the home button and the sleep/wake button at the same time and it takes a still image of what you are viewing.
Won't that be in reduced quality though? In comparison to a standard picture taken.

RTWG

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2008
On the iPhone 5 you can press the 'volume-up' button to take a photo while you're taking a video.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
I would usually just watch the video back till is see what I'm looking for then screen shoot it.

lifeguard

macrumors 6502
Nov 25, 2010
When you are making a video there is a Photo button in the bottom left corner. Tap it and it will continue recording and will snap a picture. DON'T use the volume up button. It WILL snap a picture but will also stop the recording.
Cheers

mrgraff

macrumors 6502a
Apr 18, 2010
Albuquerque
When you are making a video there is a Photo button in the bottom left corner. Tap it and it will continue recording and will snap a picture. DON'T use the volume up button. It WILL snap a picture but will also stop the recording.
Cheers
I hope that gets changed in the future. I like using the volume up button my headphones as a remote to prevent camera shake.

Nevzorus

macrumors 6502
Feb 29, 2012
You can only take still pictures while shooting a video on an iPhone 5.

The recordbutton has a camerabutton at the right that you can click.

pure3d2

macrumors 6502
Mar 7, 2012
Won't that be in reduced quality though? In comparison to a standard picture taken.
That's taking a screenshot so yeah it does reduce the quality down to the resolution of the phone's screen.

On the iPhone 5, there's another picture button that appears when you're in video recording mode that will let you take a picture without disrupting the video.