Thoughts on 9/11

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by dukebound85, Jul 25, 2008.

1. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

Do you think it was done by our gov't?

I for one am skeptical but at same time would not put it past them.

The big arguments for me are
    1) what looks to be like detonative devices going off as the buildings fell which points to a controlled demolition

2) how building 7 went doen at all when no other steel building collapsed due to fire (building 7 was not hit)

3) how there are no wing/turbine damage to the pentagon where an airplane hit. plus the eyewitness accounts that say that it was a much smaller missle craft than a jumbo jet

4) the fact that there is no way in hell that the pentagon would let any plane get close to it at all and would shoot the plane down way before it posed a threat. yet somehow, they say a slow jumbo jet hit it

i found most of these points in movies such as loose change )http://video.google.com/videosearch...um=0&ct=property-revision&cd=1#q=loose change)

somewhat related is the jfk assination. i found this movie interesting about the situation
    http://video.google.com/videosearch...s&resnum=0&ct=property-revision&cd=1&start=20

what are your thoughts? do you think the govt is capable of these things and uses them as tools to support the government/pass laws/ generate massive amounts of money?

at the very least it is entertaining but look at what effect 9/11 has had. we now have homeland security/ domestic spying and the passage of the FISA bill (which is scary)http://video.google.com/videosearch...&ct=property-revision&cd=1#q=fisa for dummies. all of these use terrorism as the reason

2. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

3. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Are they capable?? Absolutely.

Did they "precipitate" the disaster?? I don't think so. The Israelis, mmmm, who can say.

Although they have been blamed with "ignoring" the warnings of the attack on Pearl Harbour, so as to facilitate a war with Japan over trade issues.

Who is to say, at this point??

4. dukebound85 thread starter macrumors P6

dukebound85

i mean what better tool to gather support for one's country than have it attacked? i wouldnt be suprised if this is a common tool used by all gov's in some extent

5. ipodtouchy333 macrumors 65816

I seriously don't get why some people actually believe the US gov't actually did this.

What about the tape of Osama Bin Laden proving that he orchestrated the attack and hopes to continue attacking us?

6. és: macrumors 6502a

és:

I don't know. I don't think so.

There is no doubt that it was a good thing for the government but I just don't think it was a government run thing.

7. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

If you subscribe to the theory that the Skulls, or some other such Global organisation, is plotting against us minions, then anything is possible.

8. dukebound85 thread starter macrumors P6

dukebound85

look at what the govt has experienced since then: huge increases in joining the armed forces, tons of revenue and gathering much support for the govt

the fact that people are more easily controlled when there is a fear of the unexpected is also to the beneifit of the govt

now, im not saying i buy it 100% but it would not suprise me really if there is a lot of truth to it

9. dukebound85 thread starter macrumors P6

dukebound85

there may be some truth to that. like i said i remain skeptical but many believe that this speech by jfk is what prompted his assasination

jfk speech

10. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Well, Georgie Porgie kept reading nursery rhymes.

You figure it out. :p

11. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

"confident that, with your help, man will be......"???

WFT happened to the end. :mad:

Thanks for the link. I had not heard that speech before.

12. dukebound85 thread starter macrumors P6

dukebound85

"man will be what he was born to be, free and independent" is how he finishes

here is a link to another video of same speech
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBF5DbPbg_A&feature=related

13. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Not another one of these. :rolleyes:

I looked at one of the sites comparing the plane parts to actual 757 pictures of wheels and the Rolls-Royce RB211-535 turbofan from a 757 -- the parts and sizes seem to match.

14. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

You could even narrow the fourth reason down to "US Bases in the Holy Kingdom of Saudi Arabia".

15. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Well 1 thing for sure after 911 we had the worlds support but after George Bush we lost almost all of it.

16. dukebound85 thread starter macrumors P6

dukebound85

i believe we lost it once the whole iraq issue came into play.

i mean, if the govt can use terrorism to invade iraq on false premises (wmds) why do people insist that the govt would not in any way "stage" an attack to satisfy another agenda?

17. mrzeve macrumors 6502a

I'm going to say it plainly and simply, anyone who thinks 9/11 was done by our government, or Israel, is a ****ing retard.

I'm not interested in the "respect our opinion" lines here - cause if thats your opinion, I can't have any respect for you.

All the nonsense perpetrated in these stupid videos and websites has been shot down thousands of times. Do some actual research into the matter.

18. dukebound85 thread starter macrumors P6

dukebound85

well thanks for resorting to name calling.....

as i said, im skeptical but at the same time i feel that it is possible to a govt to create an event to gather support or to satisfy some other agenda. how is that so hard to believe, even when not taking 9/11 into account. keep in mind even with the 9/11 "myths" debunked, they came at the source of the govt aka FEMA

also keep in mind that
    1) the FEMA investigation was 15million which was substantially less than the monica lewisnksy investigation (40 million)
    2) the government has not allowed a public investigation
    3) bush and cheney refused to be under oath when they went before a panel discussing 9/11

these are facts and i personally feel its a little wierd

how is it wrong to have an open mind and view your government skeptically?

19. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Its not wrong to view your government skeptically, but come on. Think about the number of people that would have been involved if it was a government operation. Don't you think that after almost 7 years, that somebody would have spill the beans?

That's not true.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/military_law/1227842.html

20. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

It needs to be said that our own govt has shown over and over and over it is capable of anything though its pretty crazy to think they did 911. examples are nuclear testing on our own people in the 50s, or injecting people with substance they were unaware of, or say the Katrina response where they just found millions of dollars of items that went elsewhere, or say our own borders or the drug war or torturing people without trials. Our own govt is capable of anything and this is why people think of conspiracy. Its why we should allways have checks and balances on anyone in power.

21. SMM macrumors 65816

SMM

Fortunately, I do not recognize your name, so you do not post here too often. It looks like your primary reason for being on MR, is to trade. So, there is not much reason to take exception to the childish post here. Good luck in your trading. :p

22. scotthayes macrumors 68000

scotthayes

The BBC did a brilliant show on debunking the September 11th conspiracy. They interviewed the moron that is dylan avery and proved every single one of his "facts" were totally wrong. He was like a big baby, only been able to swear when the BBC presented hard facts to his "I'm a 10 year old cock and know everything" "facts"

23. dukebound85 thread starter macrumors P6

dukebound85

cool, is it online by chance?

24. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

So since you think that our government was able to do this obviously George Bush is the most brilliant person alive to be able to get the thousands of people necessary to pull of a conspiracy like this without leaking anything?

Also if this is true why would he throw away all of his support by invading Iraq and not finding WMDs? It would have been a lot easier than staging 9/11 to just plant a few nuclear weapons in the country for our troops to find and justify the invasion.