Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

~Achilles~

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 31, 2013
Anyone ordered from there?

Ive just placed an order around 8.30am for the Mamba Slim 13" for my 13" Retina. Status: processing. Have emailed to enquire about delivery times & additional next day options (no option at order). Nothing back from them just yet.

This is the bag: http://www.booqbags.co.uk/booq-mamba-slim-13-grey#!prettyPhoto

ETA?
Does it fit the rMBP well?
Sufficient protection?

Cheers

CausticPuppy

macrumors 68000
May 1, 2012
I have a Mamba courier 13. It's a fantastic bag and I get complimented on it all the time.

My only complaint is that the fabric shows wear very quickly. On the Mamba series, the should strap rubs up against the sides of the top flap and I've already got small holes worn through the fabric, and my bag is only about 8 months old.

The fabric will "lighten up" in areas that experience frequent friction, such as sliding it across a desk, which I think over time gives it a nice worn-in look like a well-used pair of jeans. I could do without the holes and fraying from the shoulder strap though.

I don't think the "slim" version will have the same problem, since there's no top flap. I probably would have ordered that version instead if it were available at the time.

~Achilles~

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 31, 2013
I have a Mamba courier 13. It's a fantastic bag and I get complimented on it all the time.

My only complaint is that the fabric shows wear very quickly. On the Mamba series, the should strap rubs up against the sides of the top flap and I've already got small holes worn through the fabric, and my bag is only about 8 months old.

The fabric will "lighten up" in areas that experience frequent friction, such as sliding it across a desk, which I think over time gives it a nice worn-in look like a well-used pair of jeans. I could do without the holes and fraying from the shoulder strap though.

I don't think the "slim" version will have the same problem, since there's no top flap. I probably would have ordered that version instead if it were available at the time.

Thanks for the detailed reply. Im not too worried about colour wear, more so concerned with it keeping the Macbook safe. I have a cheap £14 messenger bag I currently use that I picked up from Primark. Its held up well, but I dont trust the safety of the strap with the weight of the rMBP in there.

How long did it take from initial order to delivery? Did you add on extra delivery instructions (next day or something like that). I didnt have the option.

Thanks again

CHMK

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2012
looks good but a bit expensive. have u considered incase? its really good

CausticPuppy

macrumors 68000
May 1, 2012
Thanks for the detailed reply. Im not too worried about colour wear, more so concerned with it keeping the Macbook safe. I have a cheap £14 messenger bag I currently use that I picked up from Primark. Its held up well, but I dont trust the safety of the strap with the weight of the rMBP in there.

How long did it take from initial order to delivery? Did you add on extra delivery instructions (next day or something like that). I didnt have the option.

Thanks again

I ordered from the USA store, but it came within a week if I remember correctly. No extra delivery instructions.

~Achilles~

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 31, 2013
Brilliant!!

I received it today (next day!) before lunch. VERY impressed with both the speed of Booq's service/delivery and of the quality of the bag. It has a sturdy design, plenty of padding and looks fantastic. Also fits great. Would recommend!

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.