Thoughts on iPhone 4 Black Friday deals?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bad03xtreme, Nov 4, 2011.

1. bad03xtreme macrumors 6502a

bad03xtreme

I am wondering with the new 4S out and the iPhone 4 discounted now if there will be any Black Friday sales on the iPhone 4. I am tired of waiting on the 4S and if I can get the iphone 4 for a bargain I will scoop it up instead.

So what are you thoughts on any Black Friday iPhone4 deals.

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

The iPhone will not be discounted. Apple generally has a meager black friday sale anyways and I don't think they did anything with the iPhone last year. Why discount a hot selling device, people are buying them in droves without a sale so reducing their profit margins for no reason doesn't make a ton of sense

3. bad03xtreme thread starter macrumors 6502a

bad03xtreme

It seems like lots of carriers have Black Friday deals along with Target and other retailers, so why not for the "outdated" model?

Just wishful thinking I suppose...

4. r2shyyou macrumors 68000

r2shyyou

I'm not sure that Apple discounted the iPhone last year but I searched around and it appears AT&T did. So, while I agree that there's no real need for Apple to do it, or really anyone else, there does appear to be a precendent from the carriers themselves.

5. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

As pointed out in a link above, AT&T had half-price on Refurbished phones last year. With the October launch, I don't know if there will be refurbished iPhone 4S's yet by Black Friday - but there could be, AT&T's version of "Refurbished" is selling returned phones that test OK (unlike Apple's process where the phone goes back to China for remanufacturing).

6. Thetonyk123 macrumors 68000

Thetonyk123

I don't think apple will lower there prices...

7. shanmugam macrumors 68020

shanmugam

you might get some cash back from credit card companies.

no discounts on iPhones, iPads from Apple

8. Carl G35c macrumors 6502

maybe walmart will have them for $194... companies cant really discount Apple products (I think its an agreement between the retailers and Apple). But retailers can offer freebies with purchases (case, headphones, chargers, etc)

9. likethesoup2 macrumors 6502a

I've also heard of folks getting Apple gift cards ($25-50).

I think it's a way to discount and get around Apple's 'non-discount' policy.

10. edk99 macrumors 6502a

Isn't the iPhone4 $99? That is a pretty good deal.

11. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

This is true. For example; I work for Glentel and spent some time in a Wireless Etc... store which are phone kiosks located in Costco. We don't sell the iPhone there because Costco and Apple no longer have a contract. Apple refused to provide Costco with anymore products because they wanted to sell the iPod for $5 cheaper than everyone else.

12. Frasern1 macrumors 6502a

It may not be discounted directly but I'm sure they will have some sort of "buy an iPhone and get a $50 gift card" type thing. I believe Target actually has that going on right now for iPads, you get like a $40 gift card with your purchase.

13. martiansoldier macrumors 6502

I bought 2 iPhone 4's last November from RadioShack and about 10 days later they dropped their price by $50.00 for a limited time. I took my receipt to the store and got $50.00 back for each phone.
    This was not a Black Friday deal but RadioShack had this deal twice last holiday season, once in November and once in December.

14. doodads macrumors 6502

doodads

Also, I believe the warranty period on an AT&T refurb is 90 days, while it is one year on an Apple refurb.

15. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

AT&T warrants it for 90 days from when you buy it. Apple may give additional beyond that, depending on when the phone was originally sold (e.g. if it's a launch-day 4S that was returned, the Apple warranty should last until 10/17/2012).

16. deadpixel1 macrumors newbie

iPhone deals

I'm pretty sure that the iPhone 4 has now been discounted across all providers since the 4S has launched if you're UK based here's a good starting point; iPhone deals;)