Thoughts on the 5c?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CHMK, Sep 10, 2013.

?

Thoughts on the 5c?

1. I love the 5c!!

29 vote(s)
    34.1%
  2. Apple made a huge mistake.

56 vote(s)
    65.9%
  1. CHMK macrumors regular

As title says. Me personally I think it looks absolutely rubbish, especially the case (like playing connect 4) or swiss cheese. it even covers the text so now ur phone says 'hon.'

its a really bad step for apple trying to appeal to the masses when apples always seemed a bit exclusive, for the people who can see change, who appreciate quality, not plastic ****.

its like Louis Vuitton offering plastic handbags ...

----------

whats with all the emphasis on colours? its like were in kindergarten now...

ive always loved apple , but now, i dont know.

2. gopnick macrumors regular

I guess Steve Jobs was in Kindergarten when he released those colorful iMacs and iBooks? :rolleyes:

3. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

I can't vote, cause I neither love nor hate it.

I think it's nice. At the price though, not worth it.

If I were up for a new 2-year. At $99 5S vs $199 5S. I'd just get the 5S. At off contract, with a $100 difference I'd again get the 5S.

Price doesn't make sense

4. CHMK thread starter macrumors regular

ok... if im honest, the 5c by itself is ok..... kindof...
    price is bad, and the case? man, anyone with reasonable taste!!

5. Ashin macrumors 6502a

Ashin

iPhone 5Creaky? - because plastic phones creak and bend :rolleyes::eek::apple:

Absolute blunder

6. CHMK thread starter macrumors regular

for the price, id love it if apple had kept the current 5 and offered it as its only 100usd cheaper. id pay the 100usd premium just for a fingerprint sensor and non plastic enclosure.

'unapologetically plastic' says jony ive.

just no.

dunno why they binned the slate iphone 5, as its quite popular. should have also kept a slate 5s. 4 colours sounds nice.

7. AJAAY macrumors regular

The 5C will do well. Very well. I cannot stress enough that there is a market bigger than almost anything out there that does not care about phone specs. You have a $99 iPhone with multiple colors.....$$$$$ Apple will make a killing.

8. Tankmaze macrumors 68000

Tankmaze

i'm voting neutral.

the phone definitely is not for me, not liking the bright color but I applaud the unibody construction and new case.

9. DirtySocks85 macrumors 65816

DirtySocks85

I don't like these poll choices. I don't love the 5c, because it basically feels like a step backward from the 5 (which is what they would be offering in that price point otherwise), but I don't think that Apple is is making a huge mistake. As others have noted, the 5c may not be the better device, but it's what the masses are going to want. The masses are vapid.

10. JetBlack7 macrumors 68020

JetBlack7

You should make an option for people like me: "Not sure"

11. moldy lunchbox macrumors 6502a

moldy lunchbox

What a bad poll. Atleast needs a neutral option...not everybody's thoughts on the 5c are strong as hate or in love with it.

12. pndmnd macrumors newbie

I agree - not for me. But, I can see teens and early-twenty-somethings loving it for the bright colors and slightly lower cost.

13. Mrbobb macrumors 601

Aesthetically, is obviously not up to Jobs' standard. Jobs made color devices and those colored Nanos are cool, the iMac G3 was as Jobs said, you want to lick 'em. 5C's colors? I think the MotoX colors are better, at least on the web.

Business-wise, they may sell anyways, but am not expert on this regard.

14. RAPTORSKI macrumors regular

RAPTORSKI

I don't mind the device itself, however I do mind the price tag it carries.

15. CHMK thread starter macrumors regular

i wonder how the public will react. after all people here are diehard apple fans.

that being said, apple is becoming like one of those greedy conglomerates who just wants to gobble up market share for more money, straying from their original idealogy -we only make great products great quality etc... and dont compromise quality for cost.

what happened to that apple who wanted to revolutionize and 'change the world'
    i despair for apples future , which looks rather bleak. apple will turn into lenovo, lots of different models with obscure names such as lenovo sdknsj12314 etc...

apple will unleash a wider phone next. then they will have 3 models, then 5 then god knows how many.

16. nick_elt macrumors 68000

nick_elt

i just wish the 5s had a plastic/colour option. I want the internals of the 5s but the look of it is boring

17. CHMK thread starter macrumors regular

i dont mind colour, apple can do something great with it, just look at the itouchs.

i heard something quoted in the event about how they chose plastic as then they could choose different colours, what absolute bollocks, the itouches look great, and theyre all different colours.

sorry about the poll options i was a bit heated when i made this, i would change it if i could.

i'd choose samsung or htc over the 5c...

18. Km133 macrumors member

I don't think it's a mistake, but it's certainly a risk. It could completely flop. But I am reminded of a certain iPod Mini which looked massively different from the iPod of it's time. Sold a bucket-load if I remember correctly...

If the 5c had the same new specs as the 5s, I'd definitely go for one - the colours look great. I fully understand that they aren't to everyone's taste though! I'm upgrading from a 4s; I care enough about spec that I don't want to spend money on what is essentially an iPhone 5 on the inside.

Certainly an interesting move by Apple. I think many people are disappointed by the price, but we have to remember that the "low-cost" term was one used by the media and websites such as this...

19. CHMK thread starter macrumors regular

i loved the ipod mini. it was metal and colourful.

this is polycarbonate. cheap tacky polycarbonate.
    i love how apple didnt mention the off contract prices. i think the audience wouldnt have been very impressed if they heard how expensive the 5c is.

because of this price, apple is less likely to sell 'bucket loads' 100/150 usd cheaper and theyd make a killing.

20. Km133 macrumors member

I'll reserve judgement on the "cheap" and "tacky" until I get my hands on one... It'll probably feel better than many plastic smartphones on the market anyway :D!

I like the idea of the cases, but can't help feeling that they're being pushed in order to take our minds away from the fact that it's plastic...

21. BenTrovato macrumors 68020

BenTrovato

I hope they don't. 2 phones is the sweet spot right now. One large one next year and keep the form factor of the 4S or probably 5S. If they go the way of blackberry and start making 40 handsets, it's only a matter of time until the software suffers and you are vulnerable of being blown away by anyone who tries. Hopefully they won't go down that path.

22. dasx macrumors 65816

dasx

Voted huge mistake although while pressing the reply button something came to mind. The "cheap phone" thing was just a rumor. Maybe they just wanna make a plastic colorful phone which happens to be €100 cheaper than the good one. In that case not a huge mistake, just a weird one.

23. CHMK thread starter macrumors regular

u honestly like the cases?
    the 5c one?

the 5s one i quite like, especially the microfibre. the 4s bumper used to scratch the metal.

but the 5c is just so... ill fitting.

24. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

I think it's novel & innovative that in this day and age we can come up with an iPhone that doesn't bend! [​IMG]

25. TyPod macrumors 68000

TyPod

I honestly like the 5C and the case to go along with it. Looks pretty slick to me.