Thoughts on the Samsung curved 4K UN43KU7500 as a monitor?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by allymc, Jul 16, 2017.

1. allymc macrumors newbie

Any thoughts on how good or bad the Samsung curved 4K UN43KU7500 would be if I wanted to use it as a monitor for my 2017 MBP13?

I'm not too concerned about the issue of curved screens, or size, or TB3, etc.
    I just can't seem to find any feedback on its use or lack thereof as a monitor and I was wondering if the resolution would be a good fit?

2. New_Mac_Smell macrumors 65816

New_Mac_Smell

TV's as monitors really depends on your use case. They tend to have much more latency and lower refresh rates, so aren't suitable for much other than slow on-screen processes.

There's a good reason why a PC monitor costs a lot more than a TV you see. So they make good secondary monitors for video content, but personally they suck using as a main monitor. Unless you like a ghosty mouse on the screen.

3. Hackintosh Sr. macrumors regular

There are many forum posts about Samsung TVs as monitors but just may not be in macrumors. I personally have a js9000 48” and it’s great. Refresh isn’t a problem with 60hz. just pick up an active hdmi converter cable for $30. No reason to buy an expensive computer monitor in my opinion. Also when I’m done it’s nice and big enough to play ps4 on.