Threads deleted without any notice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 25, 2008
My two threads in iPhone accessories and iPod Touch forums have just been deleted now without any notice or reason. please explain? Thank you.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I think your best bet would be to contact a mod directly. However, it's my opinion that you posted two of the same threads in two different forums unnecessarily. It is my opinion and may not be correct, but I consider that spamming and I think you would too if the poster had been a newbie. Correct me if I am wrong of course.

I was at least interested in seeing my question answered, but if one is spam them both are spam I guess. ;)

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 25, 2008
I did post in two forums yes, but i was thinking that ipod touch users will not go into the iphone accessories sub forum right? i might be wrong then it was my mistake and i apologize but should i get a notice or something? i didnt mean wrong..

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Perhaps since you buy a lot of crap and unbox it for the world to see, perhaps you should PM a mod and ask where the best place for your unboxings would be. Now, I say this because I would venture given the amount of crap you unbox that someone is giving you discounts or freebies, therefore, your "hard work" is not going without some form of payment.

Posting the "unboxings" is mutually beneficial to you and the manufacturer so spamming it in as many forums is not to inform people of the new revolutionary product that will change their mind so much as it a way to earn your keep. I can respect that but also respect that just because you outrank newbies your spam is no more welcomed here.

My two ¢.

On a side note, I'm never told before something happens to me. ;)

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 25, 2008
Perhaps since you buy a lot of crap and unbox it for the world to see, perhaps you should PM a mod and ask where the best place for your unboxings would be. Now, I say this because I would venture given the amount of crap you unbox that someone is giving you discounts or freebies, therefore, your "hard work" is not going without some form of payment.

Posting the "unboxings" is mutually beneficial to you and the manufacturer so spamming it in as many forums is not to inform people of the new revolutionary product that will change their mind so much as it a way to earn your keep. I can respect that but also respect that just because you outrank newbies your spam is no more welcomed here.

My two ¢.

On a side note, I'm never told before something happens to me. ;)
Non of the mods or admins are online, it was a hit n run..

Jessica your most welcomed not to reply in any of my threads in the future.. and most of the stuff i dont purchase..:rolleyes: i never spammed or intended on macrumors.. and i could care less about the companies, u clearly are not the person to enjoy what i and many others do.. and i thought you where a nice woman

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 25, 2008
Unfortunately there aren't enough Mods to be here 24/7 or they have RL™ things to deal with, so you might have to wait for a response.
I understand that, i did not demand a response right away did i? thank you

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 25, 2008
There's a FAQ/Rules link at the top of the page. Feel free to read it sometime. It might help.;)
Thank you, well i guess i had to choose between posting in the iphone section or the ipod touch section. but i honestly thought i could have posted in both forums because of the different types. oh well my brain thinks fast :)
would i still have the option to re-post my thread in one forum?

stridemat

Staff member
Apr 2, 2008
UK
I'm sure the mods won't mind you posting again in the right forum only as long as your post follows the FAQ and rules which are linked at the top of the page.

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
As several members pointed out sending a Contact Us form is the best way to go about resolving this issue, and I see you have done. However it is prudent to wait at least a day regarding such issues especially when you note that people aren't around, rather than a pip over half an hour. It is also worth pointing out that reposting a thread that has been deleted isn't very wise as it suggests you have little regard for the rules.

Other things worth noting is that even though it may appear that there are no mods online doesn't actually mean that there are no mods online. Some of us, for whatever reason, use the invisible mode so we will be online but not listed as being online. That said contact forms are on the whole answered by admins.

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 25, 2008
As several members pointed out sending a Contact Us form is the best way to go about resolving this issue, and I see you have done. However it is prudent to wait at least a day regarding such issues especially when you note that people aren't around, rather than a pip over half an hour. It is also worth pointing out that reposting a thread that has been deleted isn't very wise as it suggests you have little regard for the rules.

Other things worth noting is that even though it may appear that there are no mods online doesn't actually mean that there are no mods online. Some of us, for whatever reason, use the invisible mode so we will be online but not listed as being online. That said contact forms are on the whole answered by admins.
I dontsee any my thread should get wiped out yet againfor no reason this time, u take nothing into consideration. I have made a very hones and simple mistake, so now any thread I open is getting wiped clean and no one has contacted me on what I did wrong. Please threat your members kindly after all your here because of us.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Non of the mods or admins are online, it was a hit n run..

Jessica your most welcomed not to reply in any of my threads in the future.. and most of the stuff i dont purchase..:rolleyes: i never spammed or intended on macrumors.. and i could care less about the companies, u clearly are not the person to enjoy what i and many others do.. and i thought you where a nice woman
You really need to calm down and instead of labeling me as "not a nice woman" you need to re-read what I wrote. I was giving you my two cents and because I simply pointed out that your posts may have been spam, you've equated me to not being nice. You're just pissed off that I asked a question about your product and said that it wasn't really effective. People can be nice and see no benefit in what you sell, just an FYI.

Next time contact a mod, online or not you demanded a quick answer due to the obvious excitement in your thread title and the fact that the posts were deleted and this was created in the space of less than 5 minutes. I was awake ... just like you. ;)

Treat others how you wish to be treated my friend.

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 25, 2008
You really need to calm down and instead of labeling me as "not a nice woman" you need to re-read what I wrote. I was giving you my two cents and because I simply pointed out that your posts may have been spam, you've equated me to not being nice. You're just pissed off that I asked a question about your product and said that it wasn't really effective. People can be nice and see no benefit in what you sell, just an FYI.

Next time contact a mod, online or not you demanded a quick answer due to the obvious excitement in your thread title and the fact that the posts were deleted and this was created in the space of less than 5 minutes. I was awake ... just like you. ;)

Treat others how you wish to be treated my friend.

Why do you think im some kind of salesman?? I am not selling any of the product i review. Like i said before i could care less on how these companies to with their products..Im really not pissed of because you asked me a simple question that btw was demonstrated in the vid anyway. I am here to answer all your questions and if there is something that people dont like in a product that perfectly fine and should not concern me in anyway but the guys who make and own those products dont you think?

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
I dontsee any my thread should get wiped out yet againfor no reason this time, u take nothing into consideration. I have made a very hones and simple mistake, so now any thread I open is getting wiped clean and no one has contacted me on what I did wrong. Please threat your members kindly after all your here because of us.
The reason for the latest thread removal was because it is a repost of a deleted thread. While you are waiting for the review of the issue with the first thread it is not your place to post the thread again. This is the reason why your thread was removed.

Please take into consideration that it is still less than 12 hours from your first initial contact and it is the weekend.

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 25, 2008
I thought those two thread where appropriate for those two forums because one forum is only for iphone and the other only for ipods and this product happens to cater for both devices so in my mind i thought well i would like those other guys to check this out also, ok then i understood the mods do not want that so after an about an hour i only reposted to one forum and it soon got deleted too. its not like im a know spammer that i should be pushed around like this.

This really should not be a big deal, the problem should only be corrected.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I thought those two thread where appropriate for those two forums because one forum is only for iphone and the other only for ipods and this product happens to cater for both devices so in my mind i thought well i would like those other guys to check this out also, ok then i understood the mods do not want that so after an about an hour i only reposted to one forum and it soon got deleted too.
The point is, you should contact the moderators in private and wait for their answer, not complain about a specific moderation action by starting a thread.

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 25, 2008
Im complaining because i put effort into making these threads and spending time talking pics for the members to see and i get wiped clean. nothing is saved. I'm not posting sale ads like many spammer here.

bartelby

macrumors Core
Jun 16, 2004
I thought those two thread where appropriate for those two forums because one forum is only for iphone and the other only for ipods and this product happens to cater for both devices so in my mind i thought well i would like those other guys to check this out also
Again from the rules:

One thread. Do not post a thread more than once. Post a new thread in the proper forum. If the topic is relevant to more than one forum, pick the best fit or most specific forum and post it only once.

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 25, 2008
Your acting like im an idiot,ok not everyone is perfect. i used to be a forum admin and mod for several forums before but never did i not give a reason to member on why my action was taken.

bartelby

macrumors Core
Jun 16, 2004
Your acting like im an idiot,ok not everyone is perfect. i used to be a forum admin and mod for several forums before but never did i not give a reason to member on why my action was taken.
Was the forum as large as this one with as many active members?

Status
Not open for further replies.