Threats, Dead Cat for Pro-Gay Pol.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by leekohler, Jul 30, 2010.

1. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

http://www.advocate.com/News/Daily_News/2010/07/29/Threats_Dead_Cat_Hurled_at_ProGay_Pol/

Wow. I would say I'm surprised, but I'm really not. :(

2. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Dead cat? WTF? That is disgusting. I hope they catch the sick bastard who did that.

3. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

In the comments section, there's an address posted where you can find hef e-mail address. I just sent her a supportive note.

4. StruckANerve macrumors 6502

What a nutcase. I would say now would be a good time for her to obtain a Concealed Carry Permit.

5. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

I can't argue with that.

6. chrmjenkins macrumors 603

chrmjenkins

Is the dead cat supposed to symbolize something or be some sort of metaphor?

7. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

The message of the dead cat is "Here's what I did to this cat, you're next". It sends a very scary message. If someone is willing to kill an animal for the sole purpose of intimidation, then they are capable of far more.

8. Gelfin macrumors 68020

Gelfin

Dunno. Did it come out of a box with an atomic decay detector inside? Have you tried swinging it to see if you can't do so without hitting something interesting? Or perhaps it's a metaphor for what the sick bastard who left it wants to happen to Fullilove.

9. MattSepeta macrumors 65816

MattSepeta

People are so stupid. I can't even imagine how these people's brains operate. What would make them think that they are "in the right" when they are killing a cat and throwing it as an act of terrorism into a woman's yard....

I would agree. Would HER politics agree though? Not to prejudge, but I'm guessing they sure would not.

Regardless, I hope nothing happens to her, and I hope they catch the idiot who did this.

10. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

Why are you making assumptions? I'm gay and very pro gun ownership rights. Just because she's pro gay rights, she can't support gun rights too? Please don't turn this into a gun thread. It has nothing to do with this issue.

11. Gelfin macrumors 68020

Gelfin

There seems to be ample evidence even in these forums that gay rights and gun rights are not mutually exclusive causes. Maybe you're right, maybe you're not, but I really don't think you're on especially stable ground to assume it.

12. chrmjenkins macrumors 603

chrmjenkins

Well, I didn't know if it was believed that the cat was supposed to represent the fact that it's a woman involved (females are both compared to cats or have cat-like descriptions of their personality or sexuality, and it's also a reference to female genitalia).

If it's a random animal, for all we know the perpetrator found it dead instead of committing the act him/herself, which, ignoring the regard I and anyone else would likely have for animal life, is essentially the equivalent of tossing an empty pizza box on her lawn with the words "You're next" scrawled on it.

13. MattSepeta macrumors 65816

MattSepeta

Oh Please...

Tell me with a straight face that the majority of politicians who support gay rights also support gun ownership.

I did not turn this into a gun thread, I was commenting on another posters post, which you participated in Lee.

14. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

Go ahead, make your assumptions. Can I assume that since you're conservative, you must also be against gay rights?

And you sure feel like you need to perpetuate it, don't you?

15. Gelfin macrumors 68020

Gelfin

I'll tell you with a straight face that I don't know and I don't care, because they are entirely separate issues, and I wish like hell we could start talking about specific issues instead of this fuzzy-headed label/identity nonsense.

16. Gelfin macrumors 68020

Gelfin

Okay, as I seem to be averaging about a minute behind Lee posting approximately the same thing, I shall shut up now before I get jinxed to death. :eek:

17. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

Not to mention the fact that it's once again, a bunch of culture wars nonsense and stereotyping.

18. Mr. Chewbacca macrumors 6502a

Mr. Chewbacca

My cousin, Former Multnomah County Chairwoman Diane Linn, was in a position to make gay marriage legal in Oregon. She did it and a lot of people were able to get the status they deserved. It was later overturned and it cost her a political career but she has no regrets and I couldn’t be more proud of her.

Here is a good short article about it. http://www.portlandtribune.com/news/story.php?story_id=23594

19. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

I think this person should be prosecuted as a terrorist. :mad:

20. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

I have a feeling it's probably more than one person.

21. Mr. Chewbacca macrumors 6502a

Mr. Chewbacca