Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Three Month Free Fitness+ Trial Not Working for Some Users

Antes

macrumors member
Nov 12, 2014
I pushed the one month trial button and got an email saying I signed up for an Apple One subscription. The heck.

Comment

SFjohn

macrumors member
Sep 8, 2016
Day 1 release of new products or services always seems a mess with Apple. Their support teams are all working from home due to the Pandemic. Apple Support Representatives are suffering under the load of calls, issues, and lack of info they can’t access at this time. I hope in a week or two this issue is ironed out.

I think Apple would help everyone if they were to state that “this service” will begin rolling out on date...

Comment

CE3

Contributor
Nov 26, 2014
I ordered from Best Buy specifically for this reason too. I have yet to receive my code.
The BestBuy rep I spoke to said I should receive an email with the code in 24-48 hours. Apple Support said I could sign up for the 3 month trial today and that it would be extended an additional 3 months when I get the code.. but I think I’m going to wait a day and see if I get the code from BB to avoid a potential headache. I know I’m being impatient, but we’ve been waiting for this launch since September, and I don’t think it’s unreasonable to expect to be able to sign up for the service with the promised offer on release day.

Reactions: aprince10
Comment

jsc2994

macrumors newbie
Oct 29, 2015
Just finished talking to Apple support and they gave me a code for 3 months of Apple Fitness +.

Comment

DrSecretan

macrumors newbie
Dec 14, 2020
When I spoke to Apple Support immediately after the Fitness+ launch no one seemed to know anything about Fitness+ or this issue. I left it a few hours, and this time I chose to chat to Apple Music Billing support rather than Apple Watch support and they knew about the issue immediately, and sent me a code for the free trial which I redeemed via the App Store. It then redirects you to Fitness+ once it's redeemed. Very happy.

Reactions: Apple_Robert
Comment

smartygus

macrumors newbie
Dec 5, 2017
I also chatted with Apple Support (billing/subscriptions) and they were very helpful. I provided my proof of purchase and they gave me a code for a 4 month (why 4 and not 3 I don't know, but I'm not complaining!!) subscription.

Comment

Ploxed

macrumors newbie
Dec 14, 2020
*fix*

not sure if this has been said but I found a fix. Unpair your Apple Watch, if you have cellular plan don’t remove.

Repair Apple Watch to phone and the 3 month shows. Enjoy :)

Last edited:
Comment

MrJM

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2012
I’ve been onto 3 different advisors on support and none of them have a clue or even knew about the free trial!

Comment

CanucksRock

macrumors member
Jul 17, 2010
if you unpair/repair do you have to setup Apple Pay again? (one of my CC require's a phone call; and I really don't want to do that again for Apple's error)

Comment

Ploxed

macrumors newbie
Dec 14, 2020
if you unpair/repair do you have to setup Apple Pay again? (one of my CC require's a phone call; and I really don't want to do that again for Apple's error)
Yes you will have to setup again unfortunately.

Comment

dumastudetto

macrumors 68040
Aug 28, 2013
It's not about saving a few bucks it's about Apple delivering what they said they would.

They have. Fitness+ launched today. Promotions are always subject to availability and eligibility. As I've said, one month is clearly enough to sample the service and decide whether you like it.

Comment

ivantheipodder

macrumors member
Nov 10, 2018
They have. Fitness+ launched today. Promotions are always subject to availability and eligibility. As I've said, one month is clearly enough to sample the service and decide whether you like it.
Eligible customers should get 3 months free as stated in their T&Cs. Subject to availability? It's a digital product. Whether one month is enough is irrelevant.

Comment

kyemaloy

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2015
Throw in my two cents. Spoke to apple support and after speaking to three people got passed to a media senior advisor who asked for serial numbers and proof of purchase of my series 6.

He then generated me a 4 month free trial code so I’ll have it until April 14th free!

Comment

Ajaxpinch

macrumors newbie
Dec 14, 2020
So... after spending 3 (!) hours on the phone with 6 (!) different persons from Apple Support, and *gasp* “asking to speak to a manager”, I also ended up with a code for a four months trial. Wouldn’t say it was worth it, but I got to taste the sweet, sweet taste of triumph of Man over the Machine, so, that’s not nothing 🤷‍♂️

Comment

Mr. Brightside

macrumors newbie
Jun 11, 2010
I am currently trying to activate this extended trial through AppleCare+ advisors. It is a mess, they are not prepared to deal with that. Apparently there were no memos sent to AppleCare team about this trial, they literally don't know anything about it.

Reactions: Ajaxpinch
Comment

movielad

macrumors member
Dec 19, 2005
Surrey
*fix*

not sure if this has been said but I found a fix. Unpair your Apple Watch, if you have cellular plan don’t remove.

Repair Apple Watch to phone and the 3 month shows. Enjoy :)

Can confirm this works - while a massive pain to set-up everything again, it's not as much pain as having to go through Apple Support. ;)

Reactions: ivantheipodder
Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.