Throwback Thursday of sorts, my 2008 still rocking :)

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by cmodman, Oct 9, 2014.

1. cmodman macrumors newbie

cmodman

Hey all, new to the forums even though I use this site frequently for updates, just realized I've never joined it, hah.

Anyways, I just wanted to see who else out there like me, still have a go-to iMac, G-dawg, or whatever that is still rocking? My 2008 iMac is still the staple of our house (as our "community" kitchen computer, hah) And though I have a fully upgraded 27" 2014 mac, this still is just awesome to use :) But anyways, much love, end of rant.

[​IMG]

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

2008 octo-core MacPro and 2009 (early) MacMini. Both still running strong.

3. appleii.c macrumors 6502

appleii.c

Haha! 2008 is considered "throwback" now?

4. cmodman thread starter macrumors newbie

cmodman

Man... for me it is! Since 2008, I've graduated college, got married, got a house, two kids... 6 years and the iMac moving two cities... just seems like a century ago :D

5. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

Throwback yes, classic not yet. :D

6. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

6 years? I'd say it's throwback enough? Is there a more appropriate time period? Serious question.

7. cmodman thread starter macrumors newbie

cmodman

6 years I think maybe in the Mac world is not that long, they started getting their line up just right by then. 6 years in PC? Might as well consider it a Commadore 64

8. FriarTuck macrumors 6502

FriarTuck

Spent some quality time on my 2008 24" Core 2 Duo iMac last night playing COD World at War multiplayer. My 256MB graphics card did not seem to disadvantage me against the 2GB carded PCs on the server. I'm sure they found the shadows and water puddles quite lovely as they fell again and again to my M1A1 carbine. :D

9. appleii.c macrumors 6502

appleii.c

Weelllll, when you put it that way, makes more sense. My oldest kid is 8 now... and yeah... feels like forever ago! :D

Uh, yeah... any era where I STILL didn't feel old! I still felt old 6 years ago!! :p

Kidding... I don't know, it seems like just yesterday it was 2008.

10. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Yeah I follow you there man. I remember getting both machines, one for finishing grad school and the other just as a htpc. Interestingly enough, the Mac Mini outlasted friendship with the person who helped me install the better HDD and additional ram. :eek:

Macs > friends. :D

The MacPro isn't used as often as I don't do much these days in my office outside of work on my work computer but it feels fast enough with an SSD in it and tons of ram.

11. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

My 2001 G4 cube is still rocking, though mostly unused. :D

12. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I have a first generation aluminum iMac purchased in August 2007 that is my main computer and it is still going strong. My 15" MBP was purchased in January 2008 and it is also still running strong.

13. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

iMac G4 master race reporting in. Still going strong, still using it daily.

14. vulcanvillalta macrumors 6502

I still use vinyl records more than my ipod haha