Thumb’s up Apple... replace my MacBook Pro becasue my hard drive is too small.

PROFESS0R

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 30, 2017
Apple replaced one of my MacBook Pros after I owned it 30-ish days because I wanted the Vega 20, and now, they replaced a second MacBook Pro I ordered for my wife, after 32 days, because I ordered her computer with too small a hard drive.

Today, it took the Apple rep about 8 minutes to take my request, put me on hold to check with a supervisor, and approve the return. I am exceptionally happy that they would take it back outside the 14 day standard policy window, even when this was clearly ALL my fault.

Way to go Apple. While I struggle with the quality of my iPhone X, your customer service can be awesome.

Joe

HAHA... I just noticed I fat-fingered the word becasue in the title. BAD PROFESSOR!

AppleHaterLover

macrumors 68000
Jun 15, 2018
Good for you.

But you do seem like you had one too many Red Bulls.

Also, wouldn't it be better if your Mac had shipped as ordered?

ilikewhey

macrumors 65816
May 14, 2014
nyc upper east
im confused af. apple replace ur mbp because u want a vega 20?

thn apple replace ur wifes mbp because the haddrive is too small? didnt even know new mbp even use harddrives.

DeltaMac

macrumors G3
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
hmmm...
Amazing what happens when one re-reads the OP.
The OP ordered two Macs, found out neither were what was wanted, returned both for upgrades to the hardware, beyond the "normal" return period.
Seems to be a good result,,,

I'm thinking that AppleHaterLover meant to say "Wouldn't it be better if you knew what you wanted before ordering". It's one of those times when the return period is a nice thing to use.
[doublepost=1553041931][/doublepost]Lots of owners use the term "hard drive" for storage, even with flash storage. It's not technically correct, but still is an understandable name.

Reactions: theapplehead

ilikewhey

macrumors 65816
May 14, 2014
nyc upper east
so apple didnt replace, but let him return. is that what the op meant to say? cause that would make a ton more sense then saying replace. replacing means something actually went wrong with the unit and apple replaced it.

i have pretty good experience where apple replaced my mbp with a newer model, but thats only after 3 repairs. not because i wanted a bigger storage.

PROFESS0R

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 30, 2017
Indeed... I use the term hard drive for both spinning and solid state drives. One size fits all. :)

For the record, and to show you how old I am... my first hard drive was 10Mb back in roughly 1983. I wondered how I would EVER fill up 10Mb of data.

My how things change. Lol.

Joe
[doublepost=1553043537][/doublepost]Yes. Apple let me return for a full refund and I purchased another computer.... twice.