tiff photos

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by etsi, Aug 9, 2012.

1. etsi macrumors regular

Is there any way (no jailbreak) to capture photos in tiff or even better in raw format?

2. Jasper84 macrumors regular

I'm not sure what tiff is but you can take pictures holding the home button and pressing the top sleep awak button

3. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

It's a picture format. Op - I think the only way to do this would be to take the picture then convert it, which I don't think is really what you're looking for.

4. MacKai macrumors regular

MacKai

The sensers in smartphones are too small to capture uncompressed photos. You really would not want to anyway. One photo would take up way too much space.

5. falterego macrumors 6502

falterego

There is a way.

Uncompressed photos have nothing to do with the quality of the sensor in the camera, just whether or not the app used makes a compressed output file. And if you have a 64GB phone you could store several hundred TIFF photos before coming to the device storage limit. most memory cards only go up to 128GB anyway, so why would this be any different?

The OP is probably going to be best off dropping $3 on the 645 PRO camera app.

6. etsi thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll check 645 pro seems interesting if it saves tiff without conversion.

:)