Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

etsi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 23, 2011
Is there any way (no jailbreak) to capture photos in tiff or even better in raw format?

Jasper84

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2011
Is there any way (no jailbreak) to capture photos in tiff or even better in raw format?

I'm not sure what tiff is but you can take pictures holding the home button and pressing the top sleep awak button

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008
I'm not sure what tiff is but you can take pictures holding the home button and pressing the top sleep awak button

It's a picture format. Op - I think the only way to do this would be to take the picture then convert it, which I don't think is really what you're looking for.

MacKai

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2010
East Bay Area, CA
The sensers in smartphones are too small to capture uncompressed photos. You really would not want to anyway. One photo would take up way too much space.

falterego

macrumors 6502
Dec 28, 2008
Southern California
There is a way.

Uncompressed photos have nothing to do with the quality of the sensor in the camera, just whether or not the app used makes a compressed output file. And if you have a 64GB phone you could store several hundred TIFF photos before coming to the device storage limit. most memory cards only go up to 128GB anyway, so why would this be any different?

The OP is probably going to be best off dropping $3 on the 645 PRO camera app.

etsi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 23, 2011
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll check 645 pro seems interesting if it saves tiff without conversion.

:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.