Tiffany Trump embarrassed of her creepy Dad

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Solomani, Oct 10, 2016.

1. Solomani, Oct 10, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2016

Solomani macrumors 68030

Solomani

Ouch. Poor Tiffany. She essentially forfeited her inheritance after this!

Watch Tiffany Trump Awkwardly Dodge a Kiss From Her Dad After Debate

--- Post Merged, Oct 10, 2016 ---
    Tiffany: the only thing you're getting from me is an arm-rub, Dad.

Donald: and the only thing you're getting from me is a fake zirconia ring your Mom didn't want.

2. A.Goldberg macrumors 68000

A.Goldberg

Ehhhh not buying it. Looks to me more like she's making nonverbal communication with a 3rd party. Probably the same person Donald just shook hands with and the same person Melanie Don Jr and Eric are looking at.

I hate this threads where people try and recontextualize video. Usually this has happened with Hillary (seizures, stairs, using a step to get in an SUV), I feel like Trump is a first for these wasteland-worthy threads.

Suffice it to say, I'm sure his children, at the very least his daughters, are mortified by their fathers recently discovered comments on women. I would be.

3. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

If they really were, they wouldn't have supported him by being there last night. I wouldn't have. But obviously they value their inheritance more than their dignity.

4. Solomani thread starter macrumors 68030

Solomani

Not buying your deflection excuse. The 2nd debate was not about some "more important third party". The main focus was on Donald Trump. Love him or hate him, he was the center of attention. His own daughter knows this. She would not accidentally ignore her father's (attempted) embrace just to focus her attention on some third party guest.

Her body language was loud and purposeful. Sad.

5. A.Goldberg macrumors 68000

A.Goldberg

Not by any social interaction I've ever seen amongst people in a social a gathering. Certainly you don't go to an event and keep your eyes solely on the man of the hour after the main attraction, epescially when he is your father. If Trump is the main focus of every waking moment, why is his entire family distracted by someone else? That someone being Triffany Trump's BF. It looks to me Trump turned his head first.

And to @MadeTheSwitch's point if she's so far beyond disgusted why did she even show up? I'm sure he has plenty of money in her name already and easily say she's off doing something else.

And by saying her children are greedy, sexual assault endorsing, moral sell outs, does that mean Hillary's comments were said sarcastically praising his family?

There are many who have direct relatives (parents, children,etc) who make heinous decisions, poor choices, etc and yet still choose to love and support them otherwise, even when there is no reward to be had (i.e. Inheritance). FWIW, Trump apologized for his actions. I personally didn't find his public apology reassuring. But that doesn't mean behind closed doors with his family he didn't have an entirely different conversation.

Again, leave the family issues to the families. I think it's pretty disrespectful and intrusive to pry into lives of people outside the candidates themselves. Just like the thread about Chelsea Clinton being described as annoying and incompetent in an email or Obama's daughter getting caught smoking pot through a social media.

6. twietee macrumors 603

twietee

Well, candidates in the US heavily involve their families into the campaigns (and afterwards) - unlike other countries. I believe it's partly to make up for the absent monarchy. ;)

So it's only natural to talk about such an occurence - especially since it happened on stage and not in privacy.

Family ties are more often than not irrational so I don't blame her for not parting with her father like one would think any decent person would have done long ago - but that behavior on her part is as defensive as it can be. Made to look like she was paying attention to another person but not acted well enough ;)

I say good for her - makes her look like a real human and not a mere muppet playing her part in the show.

7. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I felt the awkwardness there! Like, genuinely a piercing sense of it.

8. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Trump didn't even follow her on Twitter until he was called out for it.

9. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

She's laughing at something someone said to her. Nice try.

10. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

And yet she's smiling - putting on an act in any number of ways?

11. Khalanad75 macrumors 6502

Khalanad75

Look at Ivanka's expression after her sister refuses to embrace her dad. I think it was a deliberate move by Tiffany.

12. twietee macrumors 603

twietee

And that of that other two creepy dudes in the background. Eric and Donald Jr. (btw. do you think they are legally obliged to rock that very 90s hairdo? Just curious..)

I'd love to hear what they were hissing at that moment.

13. Solomani thread starter macrumors 68030

Solomani

Tiffany is Donald's daughter from an ex that Donald would hope everyone forgets. And the tension is real. Yes Tiffany attended the 2nd debate, but she was seated away from the rest of the favored Trump family members. Tiff was seated with her distant relatives, step-sisters, and she was seated in a section a couple of seats away from Bill Clinton's mistresses (the mistresses were Donald's honored guests).

Clearly she is not a favorite child in the clan.

14. A.Goldberg macrumors 68000

A.Goldberg

She has lived a separate life from her father, unlike the older Trumplings and the youngest Trump. I'm sure there is tension in their relationship given that she almost was exclusively raised by her mother and Marla Maples and Donald Trumps relationship didn't end on the best of terms. I think it would be silly to surmise based on Tiffany's disconnected upbringing she is an integral part of the Trump family inner circle. Despite the fact she may not have been seated in the premium Trump family seating, evidently she made it down to be one of the first people to congratulate her father. If she wanted to give him the cold shoulder she probably would have hung out in her seat.

Anyways, it always interests me how people talking these seemingly irrelevant interactions and blow them up in an incident of a greater narrative.

I'm pretty sure we've all had awkward interactions, especially when a number of people are trying to interact with the same person. This just looks like a clear example of that. People like to see what they want to to support their narrative.

Who knows, maybe she did duck his kiss. Maybe she does hate her father for inappropriate sexual remarks. Or maybe she's just thinks he's a father that was never there for her. Or maybe she's bitter she only got a mid-level Range Rover birthday.

Anyways, best practice, again, is to leave the prying and assumptions about people's families out of the news. No one deserves to be treated like collateral damage. I think it's also wrong to declare a child hates his/her parent based on speculation.

15. bent christian Suspended

bent christian

That was a bold move. If only Ivanka had the same sort of strength when Donald came out on the stage, stared at her vagina, and attempted to play grab-ass in front of us all.

[​IMG]

Big ups to Tiffany. She is a brave and strong woman for putting that message out on national television.

16. MarkusL macrumors 6502

Maybe she just wanted to congratulate him but didn't care much for the smooch. Donald is not great at reading body language and other signals, as demonstrated by him running around grabbing non-consensual ***** and filing it under "they let you".

17. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

What daughter isn't embarrassed by PDA from her dad :).

18. Solomani thread starter macrumors 68030

Solomani

At least one Trump son isn't embarrassed.

[​IMG]

19. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Especially when a dad talks about their boobs, grabs them on the hips, and thinks they are so good looking that they would like to date you, if only you weren't his daughter. Ewwwww.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 12, 2016 ---
    Something's not right with that family...not right at all.

20. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

well thats because he knows his dad is not going to grab his balls.

21. Solomani thread starter macrumors 68030

Solomani

Wrong. The said family members took an active role campaigning for the candidates.

When Bill Clinton actively campaigns for Hillary, he becomes a valid political target.

And did you forget that Tiffany made a speech (endorsing her father) at the RNC Convention? She made a public endorsement, a speech televised to millions. She's enlisted herself as a soldier in this nasty political war between Trump and Clinton. She's fair game to discuss and scrutinize now.

[​IMG]

22. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

Looks like she was looking at someone taking a picture. This thread needs more pics of her mother.

23. A.Goldberg macrumors 68000

A.Goldberg

Bill Clinton is already a political target. I think it is a basic assumption and expectation from the modern public that one's adult family members comment on their parents campaign. Even if Chelsea or Tiffany did not go out and make a speech, they'd be harassed by the press until they said something.

The facts is Tiffany, like Chelsea, like the Obama daughters are not the candidates nor are they the forefront of the political campains. I think the older Trump children can be subject to more scrutiny because of their very prevalent activity in the campaign and numerous speaking engagements.

At the end of the day though, they're not the ones running for president and I think it's rude to personally attack them unless they've really put themselves out there. And in this case you're not saying anything about her comments in Pro Trump speeches. And the only scrutiny here is as is valid as Hillary having a magic telepromter in her podium. :rolleyes: