Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

roadbloc

macrumors G3
Original poster
Aug 24, 2009
UK
Facebook chat on my G4 is getting horribly slow in TFF. Remembering I could use iChat for such things, I gave it a spin. But I can never seem to get it to work. :confused:

LAETtoz.jpg

This is the error I get.

u9SAWyB.jpg

3qP7Jny.jpg

These are my server settings.

Is there any way to fix this? Have I got any of the server settings wrong? Perhaps the most concerning matter of all is that the password box appears to always contain a password with more characters than my facebook password has... is iChat attempting to use a different password every time? And if so, how is this fixed?

Any help appreciated. :)

Last edited:

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
You might try Adium. Adium has several services, of which Facebook is one of them.

rjcalifornia

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2012
El Salvador
Facebook chat on my G4 is getting horribly slow in TFF. Remembering I could use iChat for such things, I gave it a spin. But I can never seem to get it to work. :confused:

This is the error I get.

These are my server settings.

Is there any way to fix this? Have I got any of the server settings wrong? Perhaps the most concerning matter of all is that the password box appears to always contain a password with more characters than my facebook password has... is iChat attempting to use a different password every time? And if so, how is this fixed?

Any help appreciated. :)

Never could get iChat working

kalel77

macrumors member
Oct 18, 2012
Well Adium is good too but I still prefer iChat even for Facebook.
Anyway you're having some issue because I read somewhere that Facebook is going to stop using the "Facebook email" service and I think this is having consequence on third party software used for Facebook users chat.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.