Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jasonbitesapple

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 3, 2010
muskego, wi
Hi there- I'm trying to install Tiger onto my iBook G4 down from Leopard. I put in the Leoprad disc to format the hard disk, and so now the hard drive is completely wiped. When I put in the Tiger disc, it boots but then hangs at the Apple logo with no spinning cog under the Apple. Any suggestions?

Mal

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2002
Orlando
Your disk or drive may be failing, or the disk may not be compatible with that computer. Is it a retail disk (black with a silver X) or is it a grey disk, which would have come with a machine originally? If it's a grey disk, and didn't come with that particular model, then it won't work. If it's a retail disk and it's still not working, chances are the disk is damaged or the optical drive is having problems.

jW

jasonbitesapple

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 3, 2010
muskego, wi
Your disk or drive may be failing, or the disk may not be compatible with that computer. Is it a retail disk (black with a silver X) or is it a grey disk, which would have come with a machine originally? If it's a grey disk, and didn't come with that particular model, then it won't work. If it's a retail disk and it's still not working, chances are the disk is damaged or the optical drive is having problems.

jW

I've used this disc before and it worked fine, I don't remember my method to get it working though.

It was pirated, neither came with the machine or bought.:p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.