Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

klempwrsu

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 21, 2008
I received tiger woods pga tour 2008 for Christmas. All of the system requirements conform to my macbook, except the video card requirements.

It says that it supports Nvidia (7300 or better) or ATI(x1600 or better), GMA 950 integrated graphics adapter is not supported.

However, i do not have a GMA 950, I have a GMA X3100 in my macbook.

Does this mean that this software will run on my macbook?

Here is the page of specs for my macbook: http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/macbook/stats/macbook-core-2-duo-2.4-white-13-early-2008-penryn-specs.html

klempwrsu

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 21, 2008
Thanks for letting me know, it was a surprise present from my mom. So i am going to enjoy it despite your negativity

SHADO

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2008
Beach
Excuse my ignorance, but what is a "cider" port ?

Cider is an application developed by Transgaming which allows the PC version of a game to be 'ported' very quickly to mac, as opposed to having to re-write all of the code to be OSX compatible.

klempwrsu

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 21, 2008
Does anyone know if the game will run? I really want to play it, but I want to take if back if I know that it will not work.

ppc750fx

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2008
Cider is an application developed by Transgaming which allows the PC version of a game to be 'ported' very quickly to mac, as opposed to having to re-write all of the code to be OSX compatible.

Uh.... whoa there.

Transgaming didn't develop Cider. Transgaming's PR department would like you to think that, but that's not really the case.

Basically, Cider is a commercial version of Wine compiled for OS X with a few additions, a flashy name, and a bigger advertising budget.

SHADO

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2008
Beach
Uh.... whoa there.

Transgaming didn't develop Cider. Transgaming's PR department would like you to think that, but that's not really the case.

Basically, Cider is a commercial version of Wine compiled for OS X with a few additions, a flashy name, and a bigger advertising budget.

Ok you got me. But it's made by Transgaming.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.