Tillerson is out.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by juanm, Mar 13, 2018.

1. BaldiMac macrumors 604

BaldiMac

Nothing BS about asking for a source. You are the one making a claim that contradicts all the news reports posted in this thread.

2. tgara macrumors 6502a

tgara

No he's not. ericgtr and I both posted news stories of the contradicting information from the State Department and the White House. You even dismissed it, so your confusion is on you, bro.

3. LizKat macrumors 603

LizKat

Didn't he also recently tweet or say that he has his cabinet "just about" the way he wants it? Good thing, since Mueller seems to be picking up the pace on his own slice of "draining the swamp".

On to the next mile marker: will the Senate confirm Trump's new picks for State and CIA chief?

4. BaldiMac macrumors 604

BaldiMac

The reports weren't conflicting. The statements from the White House and the State Department are conflicting.

5. nospleen macrumors 68020

nospleen

Life isn't easy for all straight, white males just as it isn't hard for all Hispanic people. Every group, however you want to divide them will face challenges.

Bucketing people in groups and making assumptions based on that only creates hate and animosity. We should be better than that.

With that said, there are some crappy people out there. I'm hoping you run into less of them. :)

6. samcraig macrumors P6

I don't care for Tillerson. But I would read his book about the year at the White House. No doubt Mueller would love to pick his brain too.

7. turbineseaplane macrumors 601

turbineseaplane

Man - this used to be a weekly show and now they are pushing out new episodes almost daily!

My DVR is full and I gotta' sit down and catch up...

8. BaldiMac macrumors 604

BaldiMac

You simply didn't follow the conversation that you jumped into.

9. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

My response was taken from my own personal experience. I'm a white guy and when I once made the comment that we had been relatively lucky so far, all things considered, that Trump is so incompetent, it was pointed out to me by a woman of color that many women, minorities and immigrants don't feel particularly lucky, given the threats and disruptions they are facing under this administration. It's one thing for a white guy to be offended by having a president who backs white supremacists. It's an entirely different matter for a person of color to have to deal with the degradation to everything this country is supposed to stand for. The bottom line is that any sense of stability is an illusion, for everyone. Norms have been completely eviscerated by this administration, and we have no stable or competent leadership in the White House and the entire country is at risk if we need to rely on him in any sort of crisis.

10. Rhonindk macrumors 68040

Rhonindk

Thoughts: what happens to those Tillerson recommended and put in place but have not been confirmed?

11. samcraig macrumors P6

Like someone tampering with our elections? ;)

12. Rhonindk macrumors 68040

Rhonindk

If you can figure a way for me to source information imparted on a cable news channel ... It's not like a news article (print) that I can link. and no, I am not in the habit of recording shows like that.

13. RootBeerMan macrumors 65816

RootBeerMan

Well, Tillerson is now yesterday's news, but the choice for the new CIA director is a poor one. She ran a black ops site for torturing prisoners. Hopefully, they'll arrest her during one of her trips abroad. That would serve Trump right. Tillerson did a great deal of damage to the functionality of the State Department during his reign. I have no great faith his replacement will fix the damage.

http://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...-cia-uniforms-should-be-decorated-with-skulls

14. samcraig macrumors P6

Well - if it's being widely reported - it's likely there's a clip on youtube or on the station's website. Just sayin' :)

15. RootBeerMan macrumors 65816

RootBeerMan

Or trying to assassinate former spies with nerve gas.

16. tgara macrumors 6502a

tgara

You're picking nits, so stop. DOS gave one reason why Tillerson was fired. It contradicted the WH reason. You said you believed DOS guy, Tillerson's aide Mr. Goldstein, who got FIRED by the WH for his statement. The Goldstein firing is now being reported by multiple sources. Those are the facts, but go ahead and believe whatever fantasy you wish.

17. samcraig macrumors P6

I think the assertion here is that most reasonable people are more likely to believe Goldstein than the WH.

18. stylinexpat macrumors 65816

stylinexpat

I honestly am not sure as I did not follow up too much about the head of the CIA too much but the reason Tillerson got the boot is quite obvious. That one does not require a rocket scientist to figure out. Tillerson simply was not the Baghdad Bob that Nikki is on US foreign policies and that is not in line with the new administration policies. This new administration could not risk or afford having a person which may share views with the previous Secretary of State John Kerry so he got the boot. This is simple in Politics which is if you do not share and support the views of the current administration policies then you get the boot. At times they will create other reasons as an excuse for getting the boot to prevent public outcry.

19. Rhonindk macrumors 68040

Rhonindk

I looked ... quickly. These are local channels. Not much there.
    I did find this ARTICLE ARTICLE

Watching Fox - the Tillerson briefing and they (Bret B) is saying that it is now coming from several sources that Tillerson knew last week that change was coming and Goldstein was fired for releasing false information.

20. samcraig macrumors P6

I haven't watched. Did he know is was coming - or that it was "here" ? ;)

21. BaldiMac macrumors 604

BaldiMac

Easy. You go to there website and look up the article that they wrote. If you can't find it, you were mistaken.

(And cable news? You initially said CBS and ABC.)

None of that contradicts what I said. Like I said, you simply didn't follow the conversation that you jumped into.

22. stylinexpat macrumors 65816

stylinexpat

23. Rhonindk macrumors 68040

Rhonindk

Stop being obstinate.
    Look at the stations I listed. One is CBS. The other is ABC. Your assumption it was written is your problem.
    Just for clarification, I tend to watch the morning news while making coffee and breakfast.

24. tgara macrumors 6502a

tgara

I followed it just fine. You are confused about your sources, dismissing anything that doesn't fit your preconceived notions.

25. Rhonindk macrumors 68040

Rhonindk

Not sure. It could be interpreted both ways; knew specifically or knew generally. Nobody is really saying.