Tillerson is out.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by juanm, Mar 13, 2018.

1. samcraig macrumors P6

One COULD argue that anyone working from Trump is always on "notice"

2. BaldiMac macrumors 604

BaldiMac

Please stop with the personal attacks. If you can't source your claim, just admit you were mistaken.

I wasn't confused at all. It was reported that the White House contradicted the State Department. Until more information comes out, I believe the State Department over a White House that constantly lies. Nothing preconceived about that.

3. 0007776 Suspended

Despite your racist comment even white men can see that things are quite unstable in the US sand the world these days.

4. tgara macrumors 6502a

tgara

I did source it, twice. But you dismissed it, saying the WH lies. You even now have it backwards. The State Department contradicted the White House, not the other way round.

5. BaldiMac macrumors 604

BaldiMac

Again, you did not source what I was asking for. You have completely missed the point of my conversation with Rhonindk. I was making a distinction between a journalist reporting something as confirmed versus a journalist reporting what someone claims.

The White House does lie. Regularly. That's not an opinion.

6. samcraig macrumors P6

This is the definition of incontrovertible

7. Rhonindk macrumors 68040

Rhonindk

watching the birth of the Dem Communist Party
    Not personal. Your behavior is obstinate. If it doesn't fit your agenda or understanding it is apparently incorrect and anyone having conflicting information is mistaken. Now, if you can show me a way to use a news show comment as a source I am willing.

Next.

8. BaldiMac macrumors 604

BaldiMac

Again, more personal ********.

9. Rhonindk macrumors 68040

Rhonindk

All politicians lie. Playing Devil's Advocate, the WH also regularly tells the truth.;)
    --- Post Merged, Mar 13, 2018 ---
    More deflection from you - how do you use a news show as a source. By your replies so far you are saying there is no way to use a news show as a source.

Still waiting...

10. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

I don't think the critiques about Tillerson were unfair. The man's entire career was for a massive oil company, so when it came to the State Department's role in dealing with climate change, it was clear where the man's bread was buttered.

And, it's clear that Tillerson was a lousy leader for Foggy Bottom. That said, his dismissal is the usual dumpster fire. He was fired via Tweet, and then when an assistant confirmed this fact, he was also sacked.

Well, most of these things are part of long-term trends going through the Obama administration.

For instance, in 2009 the unemployment rate was 7.8. By the end of the Obama administration, unemployment was 4.7.

The national average wage in 2009 was 40,711. The national average wage in 2016 was 48,642.15.

In 2009, there were around 432 violent crime cases per 100,000 people. In 2014, that dropped to around 362 cases per 100,000 before rising in 2015 and 2016 to around 386 cases per 100,000 people.

It's not surprise that these trends have largely continued through the Trump administration, barring a depression or recession, economic trends tend to follow straight lines, and social issues tend to follow.

It's clear that Tillerson has been on the chopping block for months—back when the President called such stories "Fake News" (which really tells us that such reporting might have saved Tillerson's job since the Trumpistas didn't want to confirm it)—and that Tillerson's refusal to walk the line on Russia had already doomed him.

11. BaldiMac macrumors 604

BaldiMac

The biggest secret to 45's success. Tell so many lies that a large section of the country can't see the difference between a few lies and a mountain of lies.

12. samcraig macrumors P6

We've been down this road. Yes - all politicians lie. But none as frequently and unabashadly as Trump or the WH. Suggesting that the WH "regularly" tells the truth is semantic wordplay that isn't honest. If someone lies 9 out of 10 times - sure you can say they regularly tell the truth. But it's a lie through deception and omission. The reality is - they are a liar.

13. BaldiMac macrumors 604

BaldiMac

14. Gutwrench Contributor

Gutwrench

15. Rhonindk macrumors 68040

Rhonindk

16. samcraig macrumors P6

17. BaldiMac macrumors 604

BaldiMac

ABC and CBS have their reporting on their website. If their reporting doesn't verify what you remember from the morning news, then maybe someone misspoke or you misheard them.

18. cube macrumors P6

19. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

The best part of this is that Hannity's got a spot.

20. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Forget Ryan Zinke's office doors. It's the White House that needs a new door.

[​IMG]
    The above also illustrates the average life span of a job in the Trump administration.

21. BaldiMac macrumors 604

BaldiMac

Looking at that picture, it's sad that the only decent people left on that card are both former generals that shouldn't be in the civilian leadership of the White House.

22. Rhonindk, Mar 13, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2018

Rhonindk macrumors 68040

Rhonindk

Sigh ... not exactly true.
    Take ABC - Local - their local links take you to the National stories, not the local versions. If it is strictly a local item, that is local. Anything National takes you to that national, not local, link.
    CBS local here does the same. FOX, CW, and NBC do the same. I even tried the iOS app. Same.

23. SoggyCheese Suspended

SoggyCheese

There’s no more talking to be done if you don’t get it by now. Your man IS a traitor.

Still backing him? Well.....

24. samcraig macrumors P6

Some go faster than others...

pbyrtu4hezbz.png

25. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Look folks.

It has been a long standing rule that if you quote a source it must be accompanied by a link to the source.

Can't provide a link to the source ? Then don't post it.