Tillerson may make early exit from State Department: report

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by RootBeerMan, Jul 24, 2017.

1. RootBeerMan macrumors 6502

RootBeerMan

Looks like Trump's Secretary of State is as tired of his crap as everybody else. I don't think I've ever seen these levels of dissatisfaction in an administration in my entire life. Crappy leadership rolls downhill and affects everyone below it. Trump is a crap master and it reflects in his administration.

http://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...considering-early-exit-from-state-dept-report

2. noekozz macrumors 6502a

noekozz

The same was said about Jeff Sessions, although Rex looks like he has bigger cojones than Sessions. I don't see how the situation with Sessions would affect him directly, unless Trump decides to throw him under the bus as well.

3. edk99 macrumors 6502a

4. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

For all the flack the left gave Tillerson he sure does appear to be one of the level headed ones.

5. darksithpro macrumors regular

The liberal MSM, with their anon sources make it seem like the WH is being run like a circus, or something.

6. samcraig macrumors P6

So that's it - CNN can't every have a true story because of a some inaccurate ones?

If that's the case - why on earth would you ever believe anything that comes out of the White House or Donald Trump's mouth. Story for Story - he is winning at being the most dishonest.

LOL. Funny stuff.

7. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

If it looks like a duck...

8. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Technically if it comes out of Trumps mouth it's not anonymous.

9. samcraig macrumors P6

Or the truth.

10. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Well there are quite a few parallels, leaving aside how Sessions is or isn't up to here in Russian contacts not thoroughly enough explained.

What we --and Tillerson-- can see is Sessions having worked hard for Trump in the campaign, accepting as a public servant the request to give up his Senate seat and become the Attorney General, realizing recusal is only option in the Russia thing, now getting hammered on publicly by Trump as one of the sources of Trump's dismay and discomfort, and now having his future talked about the way a farmer talks to a hired hand about culling an old cow from the herd.

So Tillerson thinks back to having given up his extremely substantial holdings in Exxon, putting his stuff in a blind trust etc., taking the Secretary of State job, going trotting around the planet trying to put out fires Trump started, getting undercut publicly while doing that in re: Qatar... coming back from that directly to that looney first Cabinet meeting where each agency chief was invited to adulate Trump for the camera. Plus Trump wasn't letting Tillerson pick all the staff he Tillerson particularly wanted to hire. The State staffers there now are vetted for personal loyalty to Trump and there are key shortages over that, plus they need expertise they can't round up now. They canned a bunch of experts. Who'd want to sign on for a tenuous ride?

On balance, why wouldn't Tillerson think about catching a bus out early, instead of ending up under one. Trump is a piece of work to work for, it's pretty clear. It's hard to work for any president sometimes. Trump makes it a 24/7 crapshoot whether working hard is enough to keep your job. As a guy who could pick up a phone and get any number of job offers at high levels wtih good pay, good perks, good hours,,,, only thing keeping Tillerson anchored is probably loyalty to the country. Who'd take Trump's next offer to be Secretary of State?

11. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

If Tillerson bails early could that be the killer iceberg that takes down the administration. I can't see any bigger piece just throwing the whole thing into complete disarray.

12. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

you mean it is not run by a clown?

13. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Well McMaster, maybe. That would be pretty awful as well (and imo not as likely even if the guy can almost taste leaving lol).

14. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Realistically, who the hell is going to want to be associated with the laughing stock of every 7th grade US history text book in 20yrs. That's the legacy I'd want to leave behind for my kids and grand kids. Let me be part of the futures lessons on what happened when society reached the bottom of the political barrel on both sides in 2016 in Trump and Clinton.

15. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Just read a list (I saw one today and read it with growing disbelief) of all of the unfilled American ambassadorial positions six months into this deplorably dismal administration.

It should make for sobering reading.

Small wonder Mr Tillerson is reportedly having second thoughts about remaining in his current position.

16. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Believe it or not Chris Christie has got to be feeling good about himself right about now. lol

17. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

I think when Trump throws people under the bus who have been loyal to him, it affects everyone. They probably start to wonder "how long before I receive the same treatment? Is it really worth it?". So then they start looking around and thinking about other options. It's not surprising at all. It's a hard lesson for them to learn, but they should have known this already: With Trump, loyalty only goes in one direction.

Because it is. And Trump is the ringmaster.

IMG_4016.JPG

18. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

What is the problem? He filled 27 ambassadorial positions (about 4.5/month), and he has 55 to go (of course filled by the charge d'affaires) .

19. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Dude have you even watched ONE press conference ?

20. noekozz macrumors 6502a

noekozz

Just when you think the bar couldn't get any lower. Would be hilarious if Trump turns around and picks him up. He might as well, poor guy can't even get a gig as a sportscaster.

21. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

I have no big problems with Christie, but I'd suspect he's young enough that'd he still has to consider his future.

22. unlinked macrumors 6502a

Are they unfilled because no one has been nominated or because the democrats are holding up nominations procedurally in the senate?

23. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

It's 55 vacant plus 40 nominated (held up by Congress).

24. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Humming that song about making lemonade out of lemons? Yeah!

It was always going to be dicey taking a job working for Trump. Trick is to get that White House stamp on your resume and manage to get out without looking like you mucked out out a stable while you were there. It shouldn't be difficult, but apparently these days it's getting harder.

25. unlinked macrumors 6502a

Fair enough then. The democrats can score political points from blocking nominations or positions being unfilled. Kinda greedy to expect both.