Tim Cook 2nd in top 50 Gay celebrities of 2014 by OUT Magazine

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by the8thark, Apr 16, 2014.

1. the8thark macrumors 68040

the8thark

Tim Cook 2nd in top 50 Gay celebrities of 2014 by OUT Magazine

http://www.out.com/out-exclusives/power-50/2014/04/15/power-50#slide-2

[edit] Took a whole 60 seconds for this to be moved to the political area of the forums. It's a sad day when any talk about being gay has to be in special areas. It should be open and free to talk about, as much as talking about the company Cook is CEO of. But this is not an ideal world and gay people are not treated as they should be. Hence this topic is stuck in the political area of the forum.

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I don't care about a person's sexual orientation, what I care about is how he does his job.

The lack of products coming from apple (other then thinner designs) is such that I'm disappointed in how he's been running the company. True Apple is probably a more compassionate and giving corporation and that's a good thing, but from a product standpoint he's not done much in his stint as the head of apple, though I will say its near impossible to replace a legend.

----------

Its not just the political forum but Political, Religion and social issues, this is a social topic so it does belong here.

3. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

4. the8thark thread starter macrumors 68040

the8thark

If it was top 50 celebrities, this topic would not have been moved. That one little word "gay" is the reason for the move. We are all aware of this.

Seriously I think Tim should have been No.1 and Neil Tennant be No.2. But meh this is just a subjective list by the magazine editor's favourite gay people.

5. Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

Can someone help me understand why Cook would make this list when he's never officially confirmed that he's gay? The magazine is called OUT but Cook hasn't come out. :confused:

6. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

I agree with an earlier poster. I don't care about his sexual orientation. I'm very disappointed that Apple hasn't had any new products.

7. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

8. iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

Gay shmay. This wearable device, whatever it's going to be called, better be the most beautiful and most functional smart watch ever put on the market or I'll be seriously pissed.

----------

Yeah but he would have never agreed on the larger screens. He would have insisted on keeping the 4 inch screens for another 5 years. It sucks though, when Steve died in 2011 I read the he left a 5 year road map for apple. It's been almost 3 years already, either his road map sucked or Tim just isn't following it.

9. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

I thought he had a wife, too. *shrug*. Like it matters, anyway. Why is this in the PSRI forum though, there's nothing remotely political, religious, or social (at least more social over Apple) about this.

10. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Because if you left it in the regular forum, one of the mouth breathers would eventually say "I aint buying no products from a company run by a ******, Leviticus says being homosexual is wrong and Tim Cook will burn in hell for his sins, praise Jesus!" and then it would be PRSI material. Leaving it out there would delay the inevitable.

11. the8thark thread starter macrumors 68040

the8thark

It's here basically because some people don't like the word "gay" out in the open.

----------

That is just an excuse. If that happens the user would have their posts moderated and/or the topic would have it's posts cleaned up. That is still no reason for this topic being moved here.

12. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

I agree, if you ask me, any user who posts that sort of crap should have their post deleted and be banned for posting hate speech. If Tim Cook was black and the f-word was replaced with the n-word, that's probably what would happen.

13. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

poty

14. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=500

15. Mousse macrumors 68000

Mousse

Tim Cook is gay?:eek: I did not know that. My response is, "So what?":rolleyes: He's still doing a bang up job running :apple:.:cool: I'd like him to give the Mac's a little more love, but Timmy is following (or leading) the market. And the market is demanding portables devices.

16. SLC Flyfishing Suspended

SLC Flyfishing

And yet, perhaps ironically, you were the one to bring this tone to the thread; rather than the other way around.

17. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

Huh? That thread is from 2001. The iPad came out in 2010. That was the last new product introduced by Apple.

18. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

And the iPad Mini is chopped liver?

19. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

It's not a new product. Just another version of a current one. The iPhone, the iPad, the iPod, the MacBook… Those were all new products.

20. quagmire, Apr 16, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2014

quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

Mac-1984
    iPod-2001
    iPhone-2007
    iPad-2010

Those have been the major new products from Apple that revolutionized markets using your criteria for all new products. Not counting variations( iPod Mini, Shuffle, Nano, etc). Expecting an all new product line in a short manner is unrealistic. The iPad came out fast because they already had the basics set by the iPhone.

What are you expecting exactly?

21. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

iPod in 2001
    iPhone in 2007
    iPad in 2010

Is there a rule that you need a new product category every three or four years? Why is Apple the only company criticized for this? Where is the innovation from others other than gimmicks or failed watches.

Tim Cook is on record as saying there would be a new product category(s) this year. If we don't get something by then, then I think it would be fair to criticize them for lack of innovation.

22. ElectronGuru macrumors 65816

If someone already has, it's not news.

They are standing around, waiting for Apple to show them. So they can make lower cost versions of the same idea.

What everyone is lamenting is something Tim has yet to show he has, vision. Visionaries are few and far between. But no, it's not been long enough to see if it's now missing.

23. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

I am expecting Apple to come out with something that I have to buy. Something that everyone will want to have. Because that is what Apple does.

You forgot Apple TV in 2007. Apple is a leader not a follower. People grow to expect great things from them because of this. Every time Apple announces that there will be an announcement there is great buzz. Remember, Steve taking the iPod out of his pocket or his keynote for the iPad? How many times did he use words that made us want it today?

24. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

I think you can certainly add the iTunes Store (2003) and the AppStore (2008) to that list, as well as arguably the iMac (1997).

25. Technarchy macrumors 604

Technarchy

Does Tim Cook publicly identify himself as a gay man?

If not this is HIGHLY inappropriate.

To quote Kevin, who has been accused/rumored of being gay since forever:

"Look, at the end of the day people have to respect people's differences. I am different than some people would like me to be. I just don't buy into that the personal can be political. I just think that's *********. No one's personal life is in the public interest. It's gossip, bottom line. End of story."