Tim Cook: Apple employees will get 50% off Apple Watch Sport and Stainless Steel

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by m4v3r1ck, Apr 6, 2015.

1. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

2. m4v3r1ck thread starter macrumors 68020

m4v3r1ck

Corrected the header! Wrong copy paste action! :eek:

3. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

That's ok man I'm just messing with you :p

4. Mr.C macrumors 601

I wonder what impact if any this will have on regular sales. Whilst I commend Apple and Tim Cooks generosity to their employees but if it means that regular customers may be impacted as a result they should have waited maybe 90 days before making this offer to employees.

5. Locoboof macrumors 65816

Locoboof

How cool is that?! It's nice to see their employees getting something good like this. Plus it's a win win for apple. It's a great way to spread the good word if you've got pretty much all of your employees wearing one. Great promotion.

6. Multiverse223 macrumors regular

I hope to God that 'Brian Y' and 'vc2020' see this thread hahaha. Sooooo good.

7. Runt888 macrumors 6502a

LOL - I was just thinking that...

8. AJsAWiz, Apr 6, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2015

AJsAWiz macrumors 68040

AJsAWiz

I wonder how many of those employees will be planning to sell their 50% off Apple Watch for a profit. Not that Apple would allow (I would imagine that they have to sign some sort of agreement before purchasing it at a discount) that but where there's a will, there's often a way.

9. Mr.C macrumors 601

There is that too. I can just see eBay with a whole load of listings for them.

10. Flow39 macrumors 68000

Flow39

That's cool! They could get an Apple Wtach 38mm sport for less than $200!

11. Sharkey311 Suspended

I told this to my friend who is an Apple Employee(not retail) and he wasn't aware of it. When I asked if he'd hook me up with the Black SS for 50% off, he refused :mad:

12. kdarling macrumors P6

kdarling

First university coding class = 47 years ago
    If this is like many corporate deals, it'll go something like this:

"Attention loyal employees!

"We would like for the mass public to see as many users of the Apple Watch as possible. We would also like to thank you for your hard work.

"Therefore, we are offering every employee a 50% discount towards buying an Apple Watch.

"While you are not required to buy a Watch and wear it in public, managers are encouraged to submit metrics on how many of their employees have done so."

:D

13. matrix07 macrumors 601

matrix07

It's one clever way to have all those employees to really get used to the products they're selling.

----------

Apple is never like any corporation. :)

14. Mr.C macrumors 601

That is true. There is nothing like first hand experience. I can see where Apple is coming from by making this offer to their employees. I just hope it doesn't have a significant impact on regular consumer sales. I still think they should have waited at least a few weeks after launch before offering this. That said if I was an Apple employee I would not think the same. :)

15. bjdraw macrumors 6502a

According to Wikipedia, there are 98k Apple employees, so I doubt even if everyone of them took advantage of this, it would increase any supply constraints.