Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple CEO Tim Cook appeared on the "The Late Show with Stephen Colbert" tonight, with the interview covering a number of topics including the iPhone 6s, the possibility of an Apple Car, and Cook's and Apple's efforts in social responsibility.

During the portion of his monologue highlighting the show's guests, Colbert poked fun at Apple with a couple of jokes, initially announcing Cook as "Cello Apple Time Cook" thanks to autocorrect and joking that the interview would be great but that Cook would release a cooler updated version of it in three months.

cook_colbert_3.jpg

The interview kicked off with Colbert showing off a rose gold iPhone 6s before proceeding to ask Cook about the device, leading with making sure the charger hasn't changed. Colbert and Cook then discussed and showed off 3D Touch and Live Photos, with Colbert quipping regarding 3D Touch "If I hang up on someone hard enough, will it actually hit them on the other side?"

Addressing comments from Uber CEO Travis Kalanick during an interview on The Late Show last week about Apple working on a car, Cook brushed off the question with a variation of his standard comment: "We look at a number of things along the way, and we decide to really put our energies on a few of those," with Colbert making sure to record the response on his iPhone 6s.

Click here to read rest of article...

Article Link: Tim Cook Talks iPhone 6s, Social Responsibility, and More on 'The Late Show With Stephen Colbert'

lk400

macrumors 65816
Aug 26, 2012
Its good to see Apple open up a little. I am sure the show was well scripted and somewhat vetted before Tim was in the hot seat, but it does seem Apple is being a little more open compared to the Steve Jobs era. Good to see the focus on charity and leaving the world a better place (and not simply because of the changes their products have made).

teslo

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2014
would have loved to hear about the 2012 Surface RT comparisons during a time of stagnant tablet sales - but i know its not that kind of show. or message board... or reality... (FML)

Cosmoknot

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2009
would have loved to hear about the 2012 Surface RT comparisons during a time of stagnant tablet sales - but i know its not that kind of show. or message board... or reality... (FML)

Did it run iOS? Because that's really the only comparison that matters to me.

teslo

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2014
Did it run iOS? Because that's really the only comparison that matters to me.

nope - it didn't run much. hence the comparisons to a 2015 released 'Pro" tablet.

edit: i'm about to vote up this thread's troll for being so unimaginably effective.

zephonic

macrumors 65816
Feb 7, 2011
greater L.A. area
Wish I could say the same - I'm a 27 year Mac user, a former Apple employee, and I'll take Google Now over Siri any day of the week. Outside the US it's next to useless, and the voice recognition on non US accents leaves an awful lot to be desired. Google nails it every single time.

I don't use Google Now much, mostly in Gmaps on my iPhone, but I agree it seems more accurate. But I speak English with a foreign accent and Siri gets me most of the time.

However, I think naeS1Sean was referring to those "Easter Egg" jokes.

Last edited:

Mac 128

macrumors 603
Apr 16, 2015
It's interesting that Colbert did not wear his Watch all last week, opting instead for a traditional round wristwatch, but starting yesterday he did. Did he do it for Tim? Will he continue to wear it from now on, or is he going to switch up his watch every week? Or, did he just get his Watch over the weekend? Seems like Colbert would have gotten his straight from Apple before it even went on sale to the public.

SgtPepper12

macrumors 6502a
Feb 1, 2011
Germany
What I keep thinking is, they probably should have sent Craig Federighi instead. Sure, he is not the CEO, but he has a lot of charisma. Tim isn't particularly bad at this, but he seems kind of tense when he's making his points. He isn't messing up anything, but it seems like he prepared for this word by word, which seems like he's lacking some passion.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.