Tim Cook needs to stay out of the media...

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by SSonnentag, Oct 24, 2012.

1. SSonnentag macrumors member

I just (painfully) watched Apple's latest announcement presentation. Tim Cook sure does stammer around and bumble his words a lot. He has completely destroyed the word "awesome" through his non-stop, repeated use of it. He really needs to step aside and let someone with some stage presence announce products.

----------

Oh, didn't you all just love the guy in the second row or so wearing the khaki sport coat and plaid shirt? LOL!

2. OJ Simpson macrumors newbie

Steve Jobs was more annoying with his turtleneck costume and marketing terms like "Retina Display" and "Magical".

3. tekno macrumors 6502a

I agree. I found Steve Jobs cringeworthy and thought he came across as a bit of an arrogant tool.

4. SSonnentag thread starter macrumors member

Interesting.... I've only seen the last couple of product announcements, so I missed out on all of Steve's. :) Lucky me!!!

5. Hexiii macrumors 65816

Hexiii

Well, I did like Steve better, Tim just repeats the same all the time.. That is amazing! Wow! Unbelieveable! with his half-whisper voice.

6. Mr. McMac Suspended

Mr. McMac

I'll take Tim Cook any day over Steve Jobs. Jobs was an arrogant ass.

7. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

I liked yesterday's presentation, a lot better than the prior one. Maybe it was because Schiller had a big chunk of time, I'm a fan.

8. dgrog macrumors member

I'd agree. I think the balance they got in the keynote this week worked well.

Give Tim the intro and updates etc (he does need to lay off the "this is amazing!" Stuff a bit though!) then hand over to Phil - he seems so much more comfortable up there - as you'd expect I suppose, he's been taking parts in keynotes right from the early days, giving demos with Steve. Didn't think it was necessary to hand back to Tim after the mac stuff before the iPad stuff though.

Give Tim the intro and ending/thanks for coming - then have phil doing the rest of it.

9. SPNarwhal macrumors 65816

SPNarwhal

Tim seems to actually appreciate the products more than Jobs did, or at least appreciate them in a different fashion. He seems to actually enjoy the products and be impressed by them almost from an outside point of view, rather than Jobs seeming to appreciate them in almost a "look what we created, it is way cooler than your stuff" kind of way. Confidence and Cocky are not too far apart from eachother, but I guess that could be because Jobs built Apple. Different perspectives.

I like Tim though, and I think it's a nice statement to have the CEO of a business do the actual presence and do the talking and such, rather than never been seen to he public. It's a good "relationship builder" - or at least something that shows trust, or shows they believe in their company's work.

10. ideal.dreams macrumors 68020

ideal.dreams

I don't care much for Cook either...I liked the keynotes more with Jobs.

11. beg_ne macrumors 6502

They are both fine.

Stop the ****ing whining. Are you 8 years old and have nothing better to do with your time than bitch about people you wont amount to be 1/10000000 of?