Tim Cook, where are you now?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by imanidiot, Aug 16, 2017.

1. imanidiot Suspended

Given the events of the last few days, and given Tim Cook's supposed commitment to various social causes, and given that the madman who "occupies" the Presidency (because he wasn't elected, that, ahm, other woman was, but of course this is not a democracy) and given that all the CEO's on Trump's advisory council have walked away in disgust (either real or for show), when is Tim Cook going to make a statement of some kind? He gives lip service to all manner of moral/social issues, and yet this? The most egregious spectacle of public betrayal ever comitted by a President, almost beyond belief (even to Republicans) and Tim has nothing to say? How craven is he (Tim Cook, we know about the other guy)? How willing to play nice to make billions? I know that this argument has been trotted out over and over again, but I will say with all confidence: Steve would not have been silent at this time. Wouldn't. And Tim, the supposed man with a conscience and sense of social responsibility, has nothing to say.

2. MacDawg macrumors Core

MacDawg

Let's shovel this thread over to the PRSI

3. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Every person in the world doesn’t have to way in on every issue. There is, or used to be, this thing called “common sense” and/or giving people the benefit of the doubt.

Now folks are lynched for NOT boycotting. Good grief Charlie Brown.

4. imanidiot, Aug 16, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2017

imanidiot thread starter Suspended

Keep your head buried in the sand. Good for you.
    --- Post Merged, Aug 16, 2017 ---
    And our democracy as well.
    --- Post Merged, Aug 16, 2017 ---
    I believe you mean "weigh", not "way", but I'll let that pass.
    And what does "common sense" have to do with what is clearly good and evil? Open a history book. This is how fascism happens. When good men remain silent, evil flourishes. You care about computers and iPhones, meanwhile the flag changed, but you didn't notice. Good grief.

ps A whilte man talking about lynching is really, really cute.

5. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Good grief, where to begin. I could start with your username.... ;)

Thanks for the grammar nazi call-out in a typo. Appreciate your benevolence on letting it slide. :rolleyes: I can see you’ve obviously got your priorities in order.

I can see you’re passionate about this, which is good, but I believe your condemnation is misplaced.

By the way, it’s a figure of speech, and my race is a poor assumption on your part. :cool:

6. SusanK macrumors 68000

7. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

here you go

8. imanidiot thread starter Suspended

You are quite correct. I apologize, that was a cheap shot.

9. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Tim Cook uses what amounts to slave labor by any Western standard, he doesn't have a moral ground to stand on.

That being said, Trump won the electoral college which is how US elections are decided. If campaigning in two states was how elections were won Hillary would have been a ringer.

10. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

Make a real argument. If the west weren't terrible at manufacturing, more companies would produce things in the US.

11. willmtaylor, Aug 17, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2017

willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Yet they flock by the thousands to sign up. Calling this “slave labor” does an injustice and disservice to the history of slavery.

Western standards are irrelevant, as they’re not in the West.

There’s that too. Oh, and with Trump’s newest initiatives to expel foreigners working here in favor of jobs that COULD done by U.S. citizens, the likelihood grows ever less likely.

12. jdechko macrumors 68040

Not to mention Tim did come out against it on twitter several days ago.