Tim Cooke:"Ladies n Gents we have One more thing, Mr.Steve Jobs"

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Muro, Aug 25, 2011.

1. Muro macrumors 6502

Wouldn't it be awesome when Tim Cooke announces at the end of the keynote(when he will do it) the One more thing section and Steve Jobs shows up on stage saying: No Tim, I've got One more thing, the iPhone 5"

2. Yumunum macrumors 65816

Yumunum

Haha, as childish as your post seemed, I must say, that's the kind of thing that would make me smile. I mean really, I'd have a big grin on my face!

3. Gunny011 macrumors regular

I have a feeling Steve will present the keynote for the iPhone , or at least, be on stage and say a few words for a few minutes.

4. Muro thread starter macrumors 6502

Glad it makes you grinn. Ain't the child in us giving us ideas to realise our dreams to let innovation excel. If we just would be grown ups, we would end up as bitter angry people who only see the rawness of this world.

5. andyx3x macrumors 65816

Not a chance on either.

6. Yumunum macrumors 65816

Yumunum

So true... The world is a horrible place, really. If more people could just smile and laugh, life could be a lot happier! I was thinking about that earlier today actually, just being at Walmart and seeing grumps everywhere... It makes me glad I'm the way I am, but sad they're the way they are.

We took this thing down to serious-town

7. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Wake up Muro, you're dreaming. Jobs resigned and will not be a part of future keynotes. His participation would only serve to undermine Cook and the new products.

8. Muro, Aug 25, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2011

Muro thread starter macrumors 6502

Yep I'm dreaming! That's what also Jobs did back in the 70's just before he established Apple and see what happens if you have a dream ;-)

"People who don't dream are increative zombies, sucking the essence of progression of what we are capable of out of us"

(This can be dumped right away in my other thread at Macdiscussions called "Self made quotes") just have a look, maybe it can trigger your creativity for once.

Thanks for inspiring me ;-)

9. jabingla2810 macrumors 68020

I think there's a chance he might be delivering the keynote.

He's been on leave since January, yet he's delivered all the keynotes so far this year.

So apart from the formalities of officially anouncing it, nothing has changed this week in terms of how things are working inside Apple.

He's the face of Apple, and if his health is ok, im sure he, and the rest of the board, would want Steve up there.

I see it could go 2 ways:

1, Steve comes out, says "it's going to be his last one, thanks for the last 20 years but he really wanted to be the one to show off the iPhone 5 for the first time"

Steve gets pictured holding the iPhone 5 smiling, and it makes all news sources on the internet.

2, Tim Cook comes out, "Thanks Steve, and says he's going stand on the shoulders of giants, and make Apple better than ever, and its all starting with the new iPhone 5"

Either way, they will get to the buisness end of the keynote within minutes.

10. nunes013 macrumors 65816

nunes013

actually it was on engadget that he would be doing future keynotes. obviously just a rumor but better than nothing.

11. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

I know a lot of grown ups who take their bitterness out on everyone else by putting them down. Sad.
    [/offtopic]

12. yamabushi macrumors 65816

yamabushi

He should be there.

It would be a good idea to have Steve show up for at least part of the keynote. This would help reassure people by demonstrating that he is still taking an active role with the company. Tim Cook and others should take up most of the time however. This demonstrates that the team is still capable and under control.

13. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

Living in the past serves no purpose.

It's time to set your fears aside and embrace change. Apple needs a fresh approach if it's to remain relevant over the long haul. The sooner the better.

Yet that said, it seems that as long as Jobs is still connected to Apple the chance for change is far, far away.

All this sappy business about "one more thing" is getting old.

Clinging to the past will have it's price.

14. Orion126 macrumors regular

15. Krandor macrumors 6502

He resigned as CEO. He is still Chairman of the Board, Director, and Employee of Apple. No issues with him bring involve in keynotes. It isn't like he is leaving Apple completely - he is changing roles.

16. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

if steve jobs doesn't show up to announce the new iPhone, it'll be phil schiller. Product keynotes has never been tim cooks thing...I'm sure if he wanted to he could, and anything is possible, but my bet is on steve showing up to announce it (he's still chairman of the board, after all) or phil schiller doing it

----------

he resigned as CEO...he's still chairman of the board, making him very much still actively involved in apple

17. troop231 macrumors 603

Yep, wasn't it Phil Schiller who introduced the iPhone 3GS?

18. Muro thread starter macrumors 6502

Good point, at the end of the day the Board of directors is more powerfull then a CEO, who is just an employee, at the top of the pyramid, who has to make sure his lowerlevelled directors are doing their job. Tough and stressfull job with a lot of meetings and travels and responsibilities.

Actually now he is sitting on the thrown, considering he is the biggest shareholder of the company, Steve Job's power and influence has only become bigger. Now he can watch things from a relaxer position and still arrange Apple's policy. So I think we don't have to be affraid that Job's vision is gone.:)

19. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

IMO I don't believe we will see Steve at future keynotes ... maybe a video feed in a minor role ... a longshot maybe.

20. ProwlingTiger, Aug 25, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2011

ProwlingTiger macrumors 65816

ProwlingTiger

I emailed John Gruber earlier today suggesting that Jobs might introduce Cook at the event. Gruber actually replied back theorizing, like the OP, that Jobs could come in at the end and be the One More Thing.

21. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I'm aware that he is CoB etc. My point still stands, his presence would only serve to undermine Cook and the new products. I don't think you'll see Jobs on stage for an Apple keynote again.

22. AIP5 macrumors 6502a

Well, keep in mind, that nothing really has changed at Apple except for the fact that they went public with what has been going on inside Apple for months. And that is the fact that Tim Cook has been running the show and Steve Jobs has just been involved in major decisions.

Having said that, Steve Jobs did come out of his medical leave to announce the iPad 2, and to announce iCloud at the WWDC. So I don't see why he wouldn't show up to announce the iPhone 5. In fact, that would be a great way to reassure his many supporters and fans (like myself) that his health hasn't totally deteriorated.

Anyway, I'm really, really, hoping that Steve shows up. I really enjoy his elocution and perfect, sort of emotional, delivery of the new products during the Keynotes. Scott Forestall and the other guy are no where close a replacement to Steve Jobs's style.

23. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

I tend to agree, but wonder if they'll bring him up for a brief time. Kind of like a handing off of power. Something to soothe the stockholders that he is still involved but affirm that Tim Cook is now at the helm.

Just a thought.

24. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

As cool as it would be, I strongly think Apple needs to distance themselves from Jobs now. They need to show that they have just as much faith in Cook, and bringing Jobs out would be a bit too much like babysitting. If Cook can handle the company, he can sure as hell handle the keynote.