Tim Murphy, Another Pro-Life Hypocrite

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Mac'nCheese, Oct 4, 2017.

1. Mac'nCheese Suspended

Mac'nCheese

"Never fear, pro-choicers: Tim Murphy believes in exceptions to abortion restrictions. For rape, incest, the life of the mother and … Tim Murphy.

"The avowedly antiabortion Pennsylvania congressman, who co-sponsored the 20-week ban bill that just passed the House and who has held forth on “honoring life from the moment of conception,” reportedly asked his mistress to get an abortion during a pregnancy false alarm last year."

I wonder if he also thinks gays are sinners and will be caught in a bathroom stall, tapping his feet someday.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blog...ll-think-hes-pro-life/?utm_term=.12a3d98de742

2. HEK macrumors 68040

HEK

Of course he did. All these super righteous conservatives are 100% in favor of telling others how to live their lives. Course when it comes to their own life and situations, then they want a choice and cave.

The more vehement the the politician, or religious leader is the bigger a hypocrite they eventually prove to be.

3. fitshaced macrumors 68000

fitshaced

4. HEK macrumors 68040

HEK

But....a self righteous twat.

5. Zenithal macrumors G3

The good lord commanded him to take his hussy-on-the-side bare. This is what happens. Can't pray to your savior and ask for that bump to go away.

6. CaptMurdock Suspended

CaptMurdock

Yeah, but this is just a one-off, right?

Naaahhhh...

From 2013...

Or a little further back...:

Mmm-hmmm. :rolleyes:

7. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

8. Septembersrain Contributor

Septembersrain

The way I see it is that if you don't believe in abortion, don't get one. Make sure you know where your partner stands before you have sex.

If it's rape, incest, the life of the mother is at risk, then the woman should be able to choose what they want to do period. If it's any other situation, I do think both the man and woman should have a say in this. I know a lot of people would say the it's the woman carrying the child but if the man can take care of the child and wants it, he's part of the equation too.

9. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

10. giantfan1224 macrumors 6502a

giantfan1224

Today the right side, tomorrow the left side. Yawn

Hypocrisy is a very human frailty. No specific ideology has a monopoly. Murphy is scum, let him burn. He certainly doesn't represent my values as a pro-lifer.

11. oneMadRssn macrumors 601

oneMadRssn

Something here is fishy. There must be more to this story. A congressman wouldn't resign over this ony thing, not the day of president rapey. Someone has more dirt on this guy, and is blackmailing him to resign.

12. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Apparently he ran his office like a scumbag and the Republicans pushed him out so there would be no ethics hearing.

13. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

So they do have a plan to remove Trump.

14. PracticalMac macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

More proof that "Republicans" hop on the Cristian Bandwagon just to get votes.

Who was that Louisiana politician who "discovered religion" (according to college room mate) to get elected?
    --- Post Merged, Oct 7, 2017 ---
    Right on!

15. HEK macrumors 68040

HEK

You don’t actually think they really believe the nonsense themselves. Of course it’s for votes. When it come to their own lives they don’t follow what they want to force others to do. That would be silly.

16. A.Goldberg macrumors 68020

A.Goldberg

My opinion on routine abortion (meaning short of rape, incest, saving the mother) is that it's morally wrong- for me anyways who can afford birth control methods and to support a child... but I'm not going to judge others for their actions as it's not my business as I don't live their life and I've never been in a situation to really understand what it's like to have to consider abortion.

That said, I think it's somewhat hypocritical to call out a hypocrite when it comes to abortion... so much for not shaming people who choose abortion :rolleyes:

From a moral standpoint, I think there is a difference between standing up against abortion and falling short yourself versus promoting abortion and having abortions without remorse (though I'm sure most do have some level of remorse). I suppose it all depends on ones personal idea of morality. Women should have a right to make decisions about their bodies... but IMO when a child- or fetus is involved, you begin to move out of the realm of the mother's body and into someone else's. But to each their own when it comes to this kind of philosophy.

17. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

The sad thing is these people who are against abortions are also against supporting these parents after the baby is born and don’t want them to have healthcare coverage. So don’t pick and choose how moral to be.

18. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. I have no problem seeing him called out for what he is.

19. Mac'nCheese thread starter Suspended

Mac'nCheese

I’m not Shaming anyone who has an abortion. I’m calling out another hypocrite who has partially based his career on calling abortion murder but then in private, begging his mistress to get one.

20. A.Goldberg macrumors 68020

A.Goldberg

Are you assuming I'm one of "these" people?

21. Zenithal macrumors G3

I interpreted Goldy's post as "There are plenty of avenues to prevent an unplanned birth from occurring. From a condom to OTC or prescription birth control. Abortions shouldn't be used to stave off a night or two of fun. It's not a rinse and repeat job."

There is the gray area of teenagers being stupid and having sex without protection.

22. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

I’m making generalizations about the majority of republicans who only care about a baby who is unborn. Once the baby is out in the world they have no interest in helping.

23. MachCrit Suspended

MachCrit

Feel the same way about guns? Don’t believe in them, don’t buy one? Let everyone choose?
    --- Post Merged, Oct 8, 2017 ---
    What do you mean by that? What should politicians provide for babies?

24. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Well if they want them to live maybe healthcare.