Tim should step down immediately and run for political office

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by EightyTwenty, Mar 31, 2017.

1. EightyTwenty macrumors 6502a

It's clear that his heart is in left-wing politics more than it is in running a tech company.

Do us ALL a favor and immediately step down from your position at Apple so you can focus on your true passions - like protecting the rights of men to take steaming dumps in women's bathrooms and passing laws to reduce our "carbon footprint".

Thanks!

2. noekozz macrumors 6502a

noekozz

I don't see what would stop him from doing so if he so chooses. Trump proved that you don't need to be a politician, let alone have any sort of morals or credentials in order to run for President.

3. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

It would be great if Tim ran for office. He ensure another repiblican win and perhaps we can get some Apple innovation other than "look how thin it is".

4. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Cook is good at talking out of both sides of his mouth at once so he might as well jump in.

5. LizKat macrumors 601

LizKat

Yeah their latest bottom line and the stock market both really support this idea. :rolleyes:

6. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Well do feel free to leave Apple and become a Samsung user or whatever. Any time a private company ventures into the realm of politics they risk losing customers. And any time you feel ready to leave Apple because they take on too many progressive causes, I'll hold the door for you.

The exit is this way ...

7. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

Why should he have to leave Apple for politics? Trump is still in real estate, so politicians can hold two jobs. We just don't know if a politician can be successful at two jobs.

8. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

I think Apple products just haven't been as good under his leadership.

9. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

You can't iterate on the same ideas developed for you forever. Tim is good at execution, we've yet to see if he can lead innovation.

10. nia820 macrumors 68020

nia820

No thanks. I don't want another corporate businessman in office. Especially a republican businessman.
    --- Post Merged, Apr 1, 2017 ---
    Being president is a huge job. Its one of the hardest jobs in the world. A person needs to be focused on being president and nothing else.

11. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

yes they will become huge and need a hamster to power them. republicans and technology don't play well together.

12. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Thinner

13. LizKat macrumors 601

LizKat

I don't disagree entirely but I think the clamor for it to pop out on our timetable (RIGHT NOW) is absurd. It shows up when it's ready. And what, exactly, do we think we're so short of in Apple land?

Apple seems to be innovating in virtual representations of computing features that meet our personalized requirements. Stuff like the touch bar where an app can take it over and define the functions and present them as it wishes. So really I don't get these blasts to Apple to either produce something "Completely New Right Now, or Die!!" They are clearly innovating every time they release new hardware or software.

In fact if they're going to save themselves, the complaint to Cook that he listens to should be less the "Innovate, Dammit" than "Stop with the Shoddy QA already" and step up to the plate with some serious (deep and broad) focus groups on what the heck to do with iTunes. The air of hit or miss patches to that app's functions, plus the removal of features that OS users liked and some iOS users never heard of, is past annoying.

Apple's reputation to me has always been based on two things, one the hardware was rock solid and lasted "forever" and two, the software was intuitive, feature-laden and did in fact "just work". Some slippage there the past few years. Part of it's doubtless scale, and I don't know what the rest of it is but it needs fixing.

"Slow down and fix it" should maybe become their new mantra? Sounds counter-intuitive with people clamoring for innovation. Well, but doing it right could actually end up seeming like an innovation, and I don't think they really want to get that bad before getting better.