Time Capsule Mounting Question

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by eyedoc_00, Nov 23, 2009.

1. eyedoc_00 macrumors regular

I have a time capsule that I used with my previous iMac and Leopard. It has been several months since I used it due to the iMac dying. I just got my new iMac. I used migration assistance to recover my backups from my time capsule. All went great.

Now when I go to the finder, it shows my time capsule in the shared section and not under the device section. Is this where it should be showing up? Since it has been so long without a Mac, I can't remember if this is how it was on my previous iMac. I thought it showed up under devices in Leopard.

If it is supposed to be in devices, how do I get it to mount there and not under the shared section? See photo below. The time capsule is GaryTC

Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. madog macrumors 65816

madog

Could be a change in Snow Leopard? It sounds logical to me that it would be a Shared device, but I understand what you mean.

Maybe it's because the TC hasn't been officially set up as the backup device for your new machine as well. Otherwise I'm not too familiar with it.

3. eyedoc_00 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks. When I clicked on time machine for the first time. I chose the option of select disk and the time capsule was the only disk it found and i chose it.