Time for Siri to datamine the heck out of our phones

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by putongnihongo, Dec 6, 2012.

1. putongnihongo macrumors member

The other day I was having a talk with a friend of mine doing his phD in machine learning and computer semantics at MIT. He has an Iphone 5 and I have an Iphone 4S. We started discussing how amazing it was when Jobs announced we can check package delivery info from the email app in IOS 3. And since then there has been no development since. I want Siri to become a real PA instead of some weird stalky spook like Google Now. Siri would have an alarm setting that you could toggle. If you toggle it on every morning at an appointed hour Siri would go through your various info from maps, mail, notes, and even 3rd party apps that can use the appropriate API you could toggle.
    8:00 am alarm setting
    "Good morning Billy Bob, do not forget you are expecting a package from FedEx to arrive at the office today. Traffic seems bad on the Garden State Parkway, I suggest either leaving 10 minutes earlier than usual or choosing route xxx. John Thorpe sent a message last night asking to reschedule the meeting with you. (Toggle on Bloomberg app) Gold is up 3% and Alibaba is down .03% due to recent talks about merger with tencent Your portfolio has a .05% positive shift. Have a good day Billy Bob."

2. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

3. hamiltonDSi macrumors 68000

hamiltonDSi

This will happen :rolleyes:
    ...you have to wait another 2 or 3 years. In iOS 8 maybe ?

4. Parise macrumors 6502a

Parise

I'm curious how this is any different from the stalky google now?

Other than the fact that it talks to you.

5. putongnihongo thread starter macrumors member

The difference is that stalky google mines the hell out of your searches. That's how it gets the info for many of those cards. I don't want something that tells me what it thinks I want but I want to pick and choose what I want. I want to control my experience not have the actual company that sells it control my experience.

6. Brazuca macrumors regular

Sounds like you and your friend need to develop this app. Call it Jarvis or something.