Time to cancel online order?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Marco123, Sep 15, 2013.

1. Marco123 macrumors 6502a

I want to buy a 5S on release but I am unable to make it to an apple store until 5PM due to work commitments.
    If I order online at midnight but happen to purchase one at the apple store that evening would I still be able to cancel the online order orcisvthere a chance that it would be to late to cancel?
    Thanks.

2. Ryan Burgess macrumors 6502

I highly doubt you'll get an iPhone 5s at 5pm on launch day, so I'd order online and just wait the extra 3 days or so for delivery.

Idk about the cancellation times though.

3. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

I'd be more worried about your upgrade date changing than an order cancellation. There's always a return policy if you do not cancel it in time.

4. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

I'm also going to assume you probably won't be able to get one at 5pm on launch day..

5. OneMike macrumors 601

OneMike

We also may be surprised so who knows. They could have tremendous stock.

I really don't think 5C is a failure. With that stock who knows.

6. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

No.

I posted a thread about this, as others have too. If you order online, your upgrade will be "utilized" when your order is placed and confirmed well within a few hours of placing it. Having the upgrade restored is a difficult and time consuming process, and may threaten your ability to pick one up in store later that day.

7. Kurso macrumors 6502

I'm sure if they have phones in stock they can grab a phone and cancel the online order but if you order online why go through the hassle? The stores will be a zoo.

Of course I'm making the assumption that if you order online they will have a phone for you in a reasonable amount of time. It would not surprise me if stores get the bulk of the inventory and online orders ship a week later.

8. ant1298 macrumors 6502

ant1298

Speaking from the UK, I spoke to some employees in the Apple store and they had little idea on stock levels but assured me if I wasn't there in the morning my chances of getting a 5s were slim to none. They couldn't comment on restocking either. Just my 2 cents on picking them up.

So for the OP, I'd order online and wait :)

Anthony

9. Apple fanboy macrumors P6

Apple fanboy

What size you going for? If you want the 64gb version you may still be in luck by 5. If not either order and wait on the delivery or take a sickie!

10. infernohellion macrumors 6502

Was told that as well last year but I dropped by after work and there was still stock. Didn't get anything tho as I pre-ordered online. Too bad that isn't an option this year.