time to get a new iphone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by macmastersam, Jun 5, 2012.

1. macmastersam macrumors 6502a

so, i have recently been holding onto my 3GS for quite some time now, and ive been thinking about getting the iphone 4S at the end of this month. i have already decided on a 32GB white if i decide to buy this, but shall i just buy or wait for the next iphone. any help is appreciated and im free to answer any questions.

/sam :D

2. ChrisTX macrumors 68030

ChrisTX

Definitely wait!!! The new iPhone rumors are coming fast and furious. While the iPhone 4S is a great device, it would be a shame to see it outdated a month or 2 later, when you'll be on a 2 year contract with it.

3. monkeylui macrumors 6502

4. macmastersam thread starter macrumors 6502a

I said I was giving it until the end of June... but what I am going to mention now is that I'm waiting until then so I can get a verdict, and also to see what the WWDC conference will bring as well.

all help appreciated so far!

5. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

you're probably going to have to wait a little longer than that if you want the latest iPhone. I would hold on till Sept - Oct and get the newest one if I were you. Unless your 3GS is not working anymore then just wait a few more months, no harm.

6. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

WAIT IT OUT. That way if you don't like the iPhone 5, you can opt for the 4S. Doesn't that make life a whole lot better?

7. ericDylan macrumors regular

I would definitely wait until the new one comes out. Even if you end up not liking the new iPhone for some reason, you can get the iPhone 4s for a discounted price.

Look at the discount the iP4 has now. That will be the price of the 4s when the new iP comes out. If I were you, I would definitely wait it out.

You have waited this long. What's a few more months?

8. Matthew9559 macrumors 6502a

Matthew9559

I don't think there is much to say. You said you are waiting till the end of the month already. If there is a new iPhone announced then wait it out. If not, get the 4S at the end of the month. You could always sell the 4S and put it towards the eventual iPhone 5. :)

9. macmastersam thread starter macrumors 6502a

thank you very much for the help everyone! some great advice given so far!