Time to start looking hard at Kaine and Pence

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by AlliFlowers, Oct 31, 2016.

1. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

At this point, let's pretend that within 6 months, both Clinton and Trump will be in jail for something. Just pretend. So it's time we took a much harder look at the two vice presidential nominees, since they could be POTUS shortly after the election is over.

Kaine is beloved by the state he governed. He plays the harmonica. He's a career politician.
    People in Indiana were thrilled when he decided to run for VP so that could get rid of a much disliked governor. He wants to turn the US into a Christian version of Iraq, instituting his version of Sharia law.

I'm staying where I started.

2. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Trump has a criminal investigation on going?

3. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

It's not unlikely that one of the accusations of rape will go to court and hold up. I believe several of them are still within the statute of limitations. Something could easily come up with the fraud investigations into his "university" as well.

4. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

you missed this from the OP
    Gary J is still running and is not being investigated. so............

5. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

People hadn't paid attention to them before? Oh that's right, many have said the VP is irrelevant/pointless/has no place/can't make instant pudding/etc.

6. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

He'll probably be in jail for marijuana possession if he gets close to having a chance at winning.

7. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

At least Pence knows what Aleppo is. :)
    --- Post Merged, Oct 31, 2016 ---
    I'd read something this morning, it was vague, a trial for November or December?

8. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

So he's gonna get high?:cool:

9. iapplelove macrumors 68040

iapplelove

No. it's unlikely.

10. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

There is, I'm pretty sure it's a civil trial though.

11. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

You forgot self dealing from his charity for personal legal bills and items...totally illegal, as well as the violation of the Cuban embargo.

The Trump University is in November. The rape case is December. Then there are the cases Trump might file himself at others. He's going to be a busy boy in courtrooms.

12. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

If he gets in I wonder who will actually be running the country while he is busy in court. Maybe Pence?

13. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

trump fancies himself just a CEO who barks orders so Pence might be doing the work anyways.

[​IMG]

14. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

In court, out of court..same difference.

And that doesn't even take into account his business dealings which he will more formally have to divest himself of.

15. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

If Clinton's elected and removed I'm ok with Kaine. Let's talk VP selection.

If Trump's elected I'm outta here but let's talk about Pence's VP selection.

Don't you think either one of those was-a-VP guys would have to pick a VP who could help at least paper over the anger between sides in this dreadful election?

So Kaine might pick some blue dog Dem, preferably not female. Maybe Jim Webb although he might not go for it. The idea is to mollify those who voted for Trump, so pick a guy and one who's not really seen as mired in DC politics.

And Pence... might be advised by pundits to pick someone who at least looks like could be moderate. Say SC's governor, Nikki Haley. The idea is to mollify those who voted for Clinton. She's a woman, she has made gestures towards acknowledging diversity in a deep South state, she's an advocate of reaching out to broaden the GOP's tent.

16. daflake macrumors 6502a

Or vote for one of the other two candidates on the ballot. Seriously, you people claim to want change, but you aren't willing to break away from your party line. Time to look hard in the mirror and ask yourself if Hillary or Trump are who you really are and if they are truly capable of representing you.

17. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Three... McMullin on ballot (11) or authorized write-in (32) for 43 states.

Me, I'm still leaning to McMullin although on party platforms and because of aversion to Trump in so many more ways than disliking Clinton, I'd still vote for Clinton if I lived in a swing state.

18. samcraig macrumors P6

Pence is reprehensible with some of this policies. If the President is getting impeached and/or leaving office, I certainly hope it's Kaine that takes over so we don't roll back time to 10-20-30 years ago.

19. daflake macrumors 6502a

Ah, wasn't on my early ballot and don't know anything about him.

I think it is time for the people to start showing D.C. that we are tired of the status quo.

20. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Basically you are describing almost the entire American electorate who claim they want change, but send their congressional House and Senate members back to office over and over again.

21. daflake macrumors 6502a

And? What I am saying, is that if you want change, you have to make it happen. A vote is a good start. Will it take more? Yep, but at least it can start with a vote.

22. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

My point is that trying to change things at the top while ignoring congress accomplishes nothing.

23. daflake macrumors 6502a

Never said that congress shouldn't be ousted either. Term limits to get rid of career politicians would be a great start.

24. Bobby Corwen macrumors 68030

25. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Term limits that the people you want to limit have to vote in? LMAO...oh man some people here are unrealistic.